Waterford Hotel recommendation??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Hi guys, me and dh are heading for a night away next weekend. Its a last minute thing cause we managed to get babysitter for 1 night but would love a nice hotel cause we never get to do things like this. Anyone any recomendations?? Were travelling from Cork and don't want to be on the road for more than 1.5 hours cause its only for the 1 night. I can't wait for some nice food and a lie in :o0 Cheers :thnk
Ladybirds Posts: 445
Hi Nextstep, The Tower Hotel are doing good packages at the moment. Wine & Dine for €59 (four courses each) and I think they have a good rate for b&b too. I work right around the corner so I pass every day - lovely hotel :)
Thanks Ladybirds, just checked it out there, looks lovely but nothing available for my dates :o( Any other suggestions??
busybee07 Posts: 959
Try faithlegg house hotel, about 9km outside waterford city. We stayed there a couple of weeks, it was fab!
Thanks busybee, I'll look that up now :thnk
sona sasta Posts: 585
I've stayed in the Fitzwilton in Waterford City before and the rooms and the whole hotel are really really nice. Its 4 star. I didn't eat there but I've heard the food is good. They're always doing special offers so you might be lucky and get a Dinner and B&B offer *) They have parking underneath the hotel as well.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
[quote="sona sasta":20w341gv]I've stayed in the Fitzwilton in Waterford City before and the rooms and the whole hotel are really really nice. Its 4 star. I didn't eat there but I've heard the food is good. They're always doing special offers so you might be lucky and get a Dinner and B&B offer *) They have parking underneath the hotel as well.[/quote:20w341gv] We eat here from time to time and the food is lovely!
Thanks for all the suggestions girls!
Momof2 Posts: 3884
Does it have to be Waterford we got away for a weekend and went to Garryvoe and it was lovely. Also have heard good things about the Fitzwilton
SparkleX Posts: 1057
We stayed at the Fitzwilton a couple of weeks ago. Nice hotel and very good deal - was €139 for the 2 of us, B&B with an evening meal and wine. Lovely food too! Enjoy