Waters - gush or a trickle?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Im just curious. I was told at my 20 week scan that i had a lot of amniotic fluid which is great so it got me thinking that ill probably have a gush.
Perci Posts: 3847
I think it also depends on the position of baby. Both myself and a friend's waters broke at home at 33 weeks. She had a big gush that soaked everything around her and I had a small trickle but her baby was breech while my baby's head was plugging the hole!
redwifey Posts: 2932
Trickle and they kept coming for 2 days!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Mine were broken in the hospital and I nearly needed a life raft :-8
hartley Posts: 826
Trickle at home and then when I got to hospital cons said only the forewaters had gone, not the backwaters. He broke them and it was a gush....... plus it really made the pain worse. Next time I will be telling them to keep the hook that they use to break waters to themselves. :o0
i want one Posts: 2893
one of my friends had a gush, one had a trickle and the rest of us had to have waters broken in hospital, i was 5cm gone by the time they decided to break my waters. i had the epidural and was none the wiser as to weather it was a gush or trickle. i was worried in the last few weeks in case they went in public but that was just me being paranoid as id say a woman could be having a baby in the middle of the street and i dont think too many people would even notice.
wtb Posts: 107
I was induced early because of low fluid, so I'd have to say a trickle!
Terri1 Posts: 1158
A trickle for 2 days. i'd used up the 2 packets of green maternity pads before LO was born!
zowiebowie Posts: 300
the best way to describe it is I felt like I'd wet myself. so a trickle i suppose but a very fast trickle. then if I sat down it would trickle really fast again when I stood up. and i was also told I had a lot of fluid all throughout my pregnancy...
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
[quote="Perci":29qpqcpc]I think it also depends on the position of baby. Both myself and a friend's waters broke at home at 33 weeks. She had a big gush that soaked everything around her and I had a small trickle but her baby was breech while my baby's head was plugging the hole![/quote:29qpqcpc] Snap I had a gush at home but DS was a footling breech. Worst thing was that it was literally like a tap on full (sorry TMI) had to wedge towels between my legs to try and get organised and brought several towels with me in the car and still ended up squelching into CUMH. :-8 DH still slags me about it as I wore his ancient crocs that I won't let him out of the house in but I didn't want to ruin any of my shoes. :o0