waxing during pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsjay Posts: 190
hi girls feeling a bit like a hairy monster at the moment but i'm not sure what to do re. waxing. my widwife advised me against it (because you can get broken veins) but i haven't shaved in a year or two (trying to stick to waxing only in the hope that eventually i'll have to do it less and less) so i don't want to go down that road either. still, i can't get through the summer like this and some very urgent action is required!! what are you all doing? also are you waxing your bikini line??
lunamie Posts: 271
Have you ever tried silky mits as an alternative to shaving (for legs). I love my epilator but I guess that would be advised against as much as waxing would (although I never heard that you shouldn't wax before and thought lots of girls do)
mrsjay Posts: 190
hi lunamie tbh, i'd never heard of silky mits before... and i've never seen them over here. might just try one of those veet creams that disolve the hair. now just have to make sure they can be used in pregnancy!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:141um0fe]I haven't shaved in years and years and there's no way you'd catch me with a razor in my hand now!! I'm waxing away as normal!! I've actually found that my leg hair is barely growing back at all, it's great, but the jing-a-ling and underarm hair are growing as normal!! I always do my own waxing myself but lately le bump is getting a lot bigger and doing a brazillian is getting a bit more difficult so I might have to go to the salon from now on!![/color:141um0fe]
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
[quote="Christmas B":xy6xrx0q][color=indigo:xy6xrx0q]I haven't shaved in years and years and there's no way you'd catch me with a razor in my hand now!! I'm waxing away as normal!! I've actually found that my leg hair is barely growing back at all, it's great, but the jing-a-ling and underarm hair are growing as normal!! I always do my own waxing myself but lately le bump is getting a lot bigger and doing a brazillian is getting a bit more difficult so I might have to go to the salon from now on!![/color:xy6xrx0q][/quote:xy6xrx0q] christmasB how the hell do you give yourself a brazilian. You deserve a medal. that's one for you tube :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
[quote="mrs celtickitten":fk0b4q3q]christmasB how the hell do you give yourself a brazilian. You deserve a medal. that's one for you tube :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:fk0b4q3q] [color=indigo:fk0b4q3q]It truly has to be the most unsexy look ever.... one leg up on the sink / the loo depending on which bit I'm waxing!!![/color:fk0b4q3q] :o0 :o0 :o0
you're a priceless contributor to this site......what will baby CB be like atall (meant in a nice way of course....) :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 did you get your internet and laptop sorted yet for when you're at home.
:o0 :o0 >:o) :o0 :o0 [color=indigo:2125b6k3]I'm on to DH to get the laptop sorted for me!!! What would I do without my Wollies!!![/color:2125b6k3] :wv
well thank god for that.......if that fails... maybe fiona will personally buy you one seeing as you are one of the current reigning WOL champions............. :o0 :o0 :o0
[quote="mrs celtickitten":1kvszwsp]well thank god for that.......if that fails... maybe fiona will personally buy you one seeing as you are one of the current reigning WOL champions............. :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1kvszwsp] [color=indigo:1kvszwsp]Wouldn't that be a WOL treat from Fiona!! :o0 :o0 :o0 Oh Fiona...... YOU HOOO!!! >:o) :wv :thnk Just a little laptop please pretty please!!! Oh I'm no where near a WOL champion!! There are quite a few 20,000 and 10,000 plus posters on here!!![/color:1kvszwsp] :eek :o0