We had a boy!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pricilla Posts: 1564
Hi girls, just wanted to drop in and say hello! Sorry I haven't been around but something awful happened a few days after the baby was born [i:2ogzyn56](nothing to do with the baby thank God)[/i:2ogzyn56] and I have been in a bit of a state for the last few weeks. I'll tell ye about it when it's over. [b:2ogzyn56]So here's the story.....[/b:2ogzyn56] We had a little boy on the 29th of April. He is gorgeous! He was 8lbs 11oz. I went into labour the day before I was due to be induced. I was so pissed off of being pregnant at that stage! I would have rathered lick a rat than go through one more day of it. All the way through I was really looking forward to the birth, I absolutely refused to get scared because I knew whatever happened it would only last for one day and I didn't care what happened to me as long as he got out safely. The labour was nearly 18 hrs, but I got the epidural which was the best thing ever. I was asking for it going in the door, I wasn't going to suffer! The whole thing was a great experience, except for the end which was tough. The pushing was very very hard, and it transpired he was turned the wrong way so they had to turn him around manually before he finally came out, (with the help of the hoover!) It was tough, but I knew it was going to end so I was grand. I was told to [b:2ogzyn56]push like his life depended on it [/b:2ogzyn56]and that was good advice. Funnily enough, I always expected to be shouting at my husband, giving him abuse like you see in the films, but it wasn't like that at all, I was delighted he was there! [i:2ogzyn56](however I did shout at the doctor at one stage "[b:2ogzyn56]you're f*cking pushing him back in[/b:2ogzyn56]!" while she was trying to turn him :-8 - but even at that stage, I said to my husband "this is a really special baby" I felt very lucky to be there.[/i:2ogzyn56]) Also, I think what helped me the most is that I didn't allow any visitors in the hospital, only my family and his family. I will always look back at that time with great joy because I was given space to recover and to enjoy my new baby. For all the girls about to give birth, best of luck, whatever happens, that is your story and is as special as your baby so enjoy it, it's only one day. And for those who have babies, oh my God, well done! Can't believe how much respect I have for parents now, what an eye opener. I'm very tired, but so so happy with this little man! This is coming from a one who had never held a baby in her life until 6 weeks ago! So, anything exciting happen around here in the last few weeks?
Babybop. Posts: 592
Pricilla Congratulations on your Baby boy :o)ll What did you call him.
newly Posts: 198
Big congrats to u and your hubby :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
pricilla Posts: 1564
[b:3l6hwft8]Ryan[/b:3l6hwft8], it was the only name we had! Everytime someone mentioned it on here I was raging encase someone said something about it. I had to stop logging on hahaha. It suits him though, he's lovely! Thanks Girls. Christmas B is pregnant again! Wow that's great! Any other news?
summer daisy Posts: 1336
Hiya Pricilla Welcome back.. delighted to hear about your little boy.. congratulations - that is brilliant news!! Delighted to see you on here again!! I have about 3 weeks to go- cannot wait at this stage.. really looking forward to having my body back again and being able to sleep again- the last stage is hard isn't it!!! SD
rushinbride Posts: 1097
:o)ll Congrats Ryan is a lovely name (biased as its my son's name too).. hope the other issue sorts itself out...enjoy your little man :wv
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
congratulations :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll hope you enjoy every second of your precious little bundle.
Its Me Posts: 1788
Congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Babybop. Posts: 592
Pricilla i love the name Ryan its lovely :o)ll
sinion Posts: 6050
oh congrats, that's wonderful news! Love the name too. Hope all's ok elsewhere xx