Wearing a watch on the day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DiamondWife Posts: 1347
Hi girls i'm debating wearing a watch on the big day its one h2b got me for our anniversary anyone else wearing/wore a watch????
Bakeswife Posts: 1098
Just bumping this up also as i'd like to know what most people think about wearing watches on the day...i was thinkign of leaving it off for church and putting it on afterwards?
emomarch Posts: 56
I dont plan on wearin 1 4my weddin cause I dont want b checking d time al day, I jus wan d day 2happen nd not time restricted
anewstep Posts: 162
yeah i wore a watch...i wear it every day and its beautiful. wouldn feel dressed without it.
Corkbride10 Posts: 43
Hi Not sure yet if I will or not .If your watch is dressy then I see why not but only if your comfortable with it ? Do you were it on a dressy night out then if so I see no reason why you should not . I think it would depend on your dress also .( Sleves Ect ) I think I will wear mine as it is a dressy one . Take care :eek
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
I have never not worn a watch, so I am definitely wearing it the day of the wedding. It is my something old as my parents gave it to me. I would only have everyone driven mad for the day asking them what time is it otherwise!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I didn’t wear one on the day but its not something I considered before hand. I put it on me and it just didn’t look right at all so I took it off, See how it looks on the day and decide then, BTW- asking the time will be the last thing on your mind :lvs
mrsfisherman Posts: 314
Apparantly you are not supposed to wear one on your wedding day as you are not supposed to be checking the time - I dont know how true this is but I was told this at my fitting last night.
doyleus Posts: 99
This was something I thought was mental when someone asked me if I was wearing the watch on the day I was getting married - I was afraid the next question was going to be about my knickers!! I didn't know it was a big deal. I aways wear one and my attitude if its on my wrist it's there but not a conscience decision. I remember heading off to the loo and I was called to get ready for the first dance I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the time - the day was flying - so it was great I could catch up and see how fast the time was racing - saying that some parts were a blur cos you are on the go. So really it's up to yourself. Good luck
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I wore a watch and it was great to be honest when we were getting the photos taken. I was able to keep an eye on the time, otherwise we'd still be there! Never considered not wearing one either! If nothing else it covered the tan lines from wearing it everyday anyway!