Wearing fake tan while tring on dresses?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shells08 Posts: 101
Hi wollys, im going for my first dress shop tommorrow and dont really know a lot about it, but did my tan last night so to have it nice for tommorrow, to be honest it turned out ok but my hands are a bit ott so going to have to scrub them 2night. but a girl in work said to me this morning that some shops might not let me try on their dresses if im wearing fake tan. Have any of you come across this or would there be a problem with having fake tan on while dress shopping. I just presumed most people would like to know what the dress would look like with tan?? Any help would be great im panicking now that i wont get it scrubbed off by tommorrow !!
refchick Posts: 122
I wouldn't worry too much, i couldnt have picked my dress without having tan on, it would be too hard to see how it would look on the day. Just keep thinking these dresses are samples and not actually the one you get, i dont think the shops mind, well none that i went too anyway..... Good Luck dress hunting, it's loads of fun :wv
frogmella Posts: 1264
Don't think they mind but just bear in mind that lots of other people do it so some of the dresses are covered in fake tan!!!
Heebie Jeebies Posts: 608
I was told when making some appointments NOT to have any fake tan on or I wouldn't be allowed try on the dresses :eek So I duly obliged. However, it has it's advantages. Because when you try on your dream dress and LOVE it regardless of the fact that you have no make-up or fake tan on, and your hair isn't done - try to imagine just how fantastic it's going to be on the day!!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="Shortty":3n8zclfo]I was told when making some appointments NOT to have any fake tan on or I wouldn't be allowed try on the dresses :eek So I duly obliged. However, it has it's advantages. Because when you try on your dream dress and LOVE it regardless of the fact that you have no make-up or fake tan on, and your hair isn't done - try to imagine just how fantastic it's going to be on the day!![/quote:3n8zclfo] I agree, i tried mine on with no tan, hair not done and loved it, it was even nicer when i did. I would say its a no no in most places to have fake tan on.
hi girls, do u mind me asking what stores you went to that didnt allow you to try them on while wearing the tan? Im going to De Stafford and alexanders in Dublin, has anyone had any experience in these stores, and do they allow you to wear fake tan. Otherwise, does anyone no any quick fixes for getting fake tan off quickly :) lol!
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Well now I bought my dress in a shop in Limerick and I didn't have tan on but if you did they gave you wipes to remove the tan
WeddingCrazy Posts: 488
Hi Shells08 I ordered my dress from alexanders and I had tan on and there was no problem at all. TBH you need to get a good idea. They are so nice in there - let us know how you get on
Hi girlies, dress shopping went really well and none of the shops mentioned my fake tan which was brilliant cause i had been really nervous about being turned away, especially as I had travelled a good way. I went to De Stafford, Alexanders, and Modern Fashions in Dundalk and all the girls in the shops were really lovely. They spent so much time with me and let me try on loads of dresses. dont know whether I found 'Thee' dress but i tried on some gorgeous maggie and pronovia dresses, have no idea how im going to make up my mind! going to keep shopping round. Has anyone any other shops they would suggest to go and look at. Im in the north so im up for any suggestions. Thanks for all ur help wollies with the fake tan drama lol :o0
bridesrus Posts: 917
I own a bridal shop and we would never say anything to people about wearing fake tan or make up - I know if it was me I would have to have these on me too, to give me a good idea :o0 Where abouts in the North are you from - and what style of dress are you after? I might beable to point in the direction of some good bridal shops. O-O Oh one thing I would say that does annoy me (not the tan ) is brides just throwing the dresses on the floor after trying them on - we have to pay full price for our sample dresses and they have to last a long time and there are only so many times you can have them cleaned before they start to look bad - so please respect these dresses lots of brides have to try them on O-O