Wearing Maxi dress to wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lellikelly Posts: 891
Hi i havent been out and about in a while but just wondering is maxi dresses still in fashion, was going to wear one to a wedding i have in june? Am a bit out of touch with fashion these days, thanks :-8
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I've worn them in the past to weddings. We had a black tie wedding and a good few wore full length dresses. I think it depends on the dress, how its accessorised and the wedding itself what you would chose to wear.
Ellefun Posts: 1312
It depends really. As a rule Maxi dresses are totally fine for a wedding, but like anything it depends. It's all about accessorising too. Post a pic of the one you were thinking of.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I wouldn't wear a casual one - as in the beech style maxis, it would want to be somewhat dressy.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="Bonnie Parker":17fa0qr6]I wouldn't wear a casual one - as in the beech style maxis, it would want to be somewhat dressy.[/quote:17fa0qr6] Yeah, I agree. Some of the ones in jewel tones with beading etc are quite fancy looking. It's the floral cottony ones that look too casual. Love them though, so comfy.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
[quote="Bonnie Parker":4wc63rem]I wouldn't wear a casual one - as in the beech style maxis, it would want to be somewhat dressy.[/quote:4wc63rem] I wouldn't wear one that is too casual either.... but you can get nice ones out there that are quite sutiable.