wearing pyjamas on the street?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
what's the deal with this? I work in the north inner city and I see this all the time. Going out to the shops with PJs and slippers. I just don't get it. There was an article in today's Irish Times about it but it didn't really explain WHY
Shin Posts: 8515
pmsl hehe yeah ginger nut i get that too, im always baffled by it and the people who do it think its the most normal thing in the world. :eek each to their own and that but a girl i used to work with used to do that all the time, shed go into a chinese and sit down and wait on her order??? i mean, wtf?? im as open minded as the next person but theres limits haha anyway at the moment i have these illuminous green pjs that i bought over here, they were the cheapest as im broke but theres not a hope in hell that id go out the door in them.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
do they do it in france too? I have some PJs that I'd hardly open the front door in, never mind go out in public! BTW quite jealous of you in France - got spoiled with yummy coffee and croissants in Paris when we were there on honeymoon - haven't found anywhere that serves coffee as nice since we got back
[quote="Ginger Nut":1gur9sbz]do they do it in france too? I have some PJs that I'd hardly open the front door in, never mind go out in public! BTW quite jealous of you in France - got spoiled with yummy coffee and croissants in Paris when we were there on honeymoon - haven't found anywhere that serves coffee as nice since we got back[/quote:1gur9sbz] pmsl yeah ginger, you better believe it girlie, theres some right nutballs over here, i do a double glance each time and quickly pick up my speed walking. hehe yeah me too, i throw on any old stuff sometimes when i go to bed. like you, it amazes me too when people full of confidence walk down the road in their pjs, half of mine have holes in them so thatd be a no-no for me. awweee ginger, ah sure the grass is always greener as they say. did you go to france on your honeymoon?? i agree, the coffee is really typical of what youd expect from france but sometimes after five cups, im shaking wiht the nerves if ya get me. xxx
lamb nose Posts: 679
I once walked down a street in London in my PJ's for a dare. We were all pissed at the time. Would never be brave to do anything like that now!
[quote="lamb nose":20zbs3ux]I once walked down a street in London in my PJ's for a dare. We were all pissed at the time. Would never be brave to do anything like that now![/quote:20zbs3ux] hehe i hope you won the dare lamb did ya?? id have done if for a grand. hmmm actually my financial circumstances right now or financial state i should say id have done it for a free gin!!!!
Mrs Ram Posts: 1705
ah another thing that pisses me off, my dd goes to playschool in city centre and they had to put a sign up asking parents not to collect or drop off kids in their jammies, and the latest trend is to wear boots over the bottoms. ffs knackers or what.
mad woman Posts: 22106
I used to do it....mes a townie... :-8
Mrs Ram Posts: 1705
mrs mw im a townie too but i bet u wouldnt do it now or go to dunnes in them
mad woman Posts: 22106
not on your fcukin nelly! :o0