Wedding Album/DVD

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Hi Girls, you might share your experiences on this. We have got our DVD, about a month ago now, and am just about to finalise the photo list for the album. So we should have that in a few weeks all going well :) Did your families or bridal party have much interest in it? I don't really expect them to if I'm honest. The DVD was delivered to my parents house and my parents watched it that night, and Mr. Jawl and I watched it together at home. We watched it again a few days later with my brother, sil and the kids. We really enjoyed it actually second time round as we saw more. And those people were bursting to see it as much as we were and were very much involved in the wedding, SIL was CBM. The other BM, my friend, wants to see it with me, but we haven't got round to watching it yet. She's mega busy. One of the groomsmen, his wife has asked if he can have chinese and wine some Saturday night and 4 of us watch it together. Which I think is nice, and I'd enjoy that. Mr. Jawl suggested asking both groomsmen and their wives around to watch it. But I don't want to put that on anybody, don't want to force them into sitting around for 2 hours watching OUR wedding video if they don't want to. As I said, apart from immediate family I didn't expect anybody else to have much interest in it. Who watched your DVD? The album, my outlaws have been onto my husband this morning about a funeral of a family friend, and she said "So when are we seeing the professional photos?". I'm kinda thinking the 12th of Never, as only one of them spoke to me on the day and that was to tell me that I looked terrible and should sack my make up artist and my photos will turn out rotten with my big shiney head :eek :ooh Forgive me if I don't feel like sharing with them, but at this moment in time I can't. They aren't interested in any photos of me or Mr. Jawl, just the ones of themselves. That was clear when they asked the bride to leave the family line up :o0
cloakndagger Posts: 66
hi Jawl we got our pros back about a month and a half including the photos and dvd, we got one dvd for each set of parents, and a small album for them both as well. The MIL asked me for the complete wedding album and i told her taht it was in my house if she wanted to come and look at it but it was NOT under any circumstances leaving my sight! she wanted to take it to the GMIL and i said no! that they knew where we lived and could come and see it themselves but i wasnt letting it out of my sight! i also told her that if they wanted to see the dvd to use their own but my copy was again NOT leaving my house! a few friends have asked to see it ! i say to them no hassle come up on a certain night and you can watch it! I know where you are coming from regarding not wanting them to have to sit through 2 hours of it but sure look if they didnt want to see it they wouldnt ask in the first place! Im totally an^l about them pulling and pushing and making everything all grubby! I cant believe you were asked to leave the line up!! lol thats hysterical! they did know it was your wedding didnt they!! the dvd copy that i gave my own mother has been round the block and the only person who didnt get to see it was my grandmother as she was too poorly on the day to go to the wedding so we came back to her after the church and before she got to see the dvd she passed away :o( anyways thats my uptake on it :wv
[quote:3agpvnsj]we got our pros back about a month and a half including the photos and dvd, we got one dvd for each set of parents, and a small album for them both as well.[/quote:3agpvnsj] For starters, my PIL are dead. If they were alive, I'd give them a copy of the DVD and the small album from the photographer, same as my own parents are getting. It's nice for the parents, and I had zero issues with my MIL she was lovely. But his sisters are rotten to the core, and were awful to my husband, before, during and since the wedding. I have my pro photos nearly a month and have been ignoring them as I knew this would come up. [quote:3agpvnsj]The MIL asked me for the complete wedding album and i told her taht it was in my house if she wanted to come and look at it but it was NOT under any circumstances leaving my sight![/quote:3agpvnsj] I feel if they want to see them they can come see them, but they won't. We would be expected to call to each house and present the album/dvd to them. Not happening! It's not that I'm refusing to let them see them, but I'm not 'gifting them' photos at all, which is what they really want. As they have told us numerous times that's what we must do. [quote:3agpvnsj]I cant believe you were asked to leave the line up!! lol thats hysterical! they did know it was your wedding didnt they!![/quote:3agpvnsj] Unfortunately, it did not surprise me at all :ooh I don't know if that's bad or good.
cloakndagger Posts: 66
fair play chick! didnt know your inlaws had passed away! that must have been hard on your hubbie on the wedding day! x as for youd dh sisters to hell with them! they have to accept that you are your husbands choice in life and will have to accept it that you are going to be around for a life time and not a good time! let them come to you for the dvd n photos!! god wouldnt it be such a nice world if everyone got along! you have always come across in your posts as a strong confident woman! keep it up pet! i love my mil and fil to bits! and although i may give out about them i couldnt be wthout them!! its my sil i could do without!!! x
[quote="cloakndagger":k74h5lzi]fair play chick! didnt know your inlaws had passed away! that must have been hard on your hubbie on the wedding day! x as for youd dh sisters to hell with them! they have to accept that you are your husbands choice in life and will have to accept it that you are going to be around for a life time and not a good time! let them come to you for the dvd n photos!! god wouldnt it be such a nice world if everyone got along! you have always come across in your posts as a strong confident woman! keep it up pet! i love my mil and fil to bits! and although i may give out about them i couldnt be wthout them!! its my sil i could do without!!! x[/quote:k74h5lzi] Hey, yes it was very tough for him, but they were with us on the day, I'm a firm believer in that :) for the same reasons I thought the rest of his family would be there twice as much for him. I know I would if it was my brother in that position. Nowt as queer as folk :)
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I haven't seen our DVD at all, I was there, lived through it, no need to do it again for at least 10 years! We got copies for my Mam who had her friends who didn't come to the wedding round for a night, and for the inlaws who wanted to invite all and sundry over to watch it. We told them they could do what they wanted but that we wouldn't be there (DH felt the same, so it was grand) :innocent: TBH, I hate wedding dvds and only got one because sil told us we'd be sorry once people started dying! I think we had to sit through sil's dvd and all her photos on cd about 4 times because new people kept coming into the house so it got restarted, etc and she got a bit annoyed when anyone left the room. It took us 2 years to get our album (our fault not photographers) and it's beautiful but it wouldn't occur to me to ask anyone if they wanted to come over and see the album. I'm happy to show them if they ask, but I won't be offering!
[quote="PaniniRoses":3v7mtn7s]I haven't seen our DVD at all, I was there, lived through it, no need to do it again for at least 10 years! We got copies for my Mam who had her friends who didn't come to the wedding round for a night, and for the inlaws who wanted to invite all and sundry over to watch it. We told them they could do what they wanted but that we wouldn't be there (DH felt the same, so it was grand) :innocent: TBH, I hate wedding dvds and only got one because sil told us we'd be sorry once people started dying! I think we had to sit through sil's dvd and all her photos on cd about 4 times because new people kept coming into the house so it got restarted, etc and she got a bit annoyed when anyone left the room. It took us 2 years to get our album (our fault not photographers) and it's beautiful but it wouldn't occur to me to ask anyone if they wanted to come over and see the album. I'm happy to show them if they ask, but I won't be offering![/quote:3v7mtn7s] I was dying to see our DVD! One of my fave parts of a wedding is all the people arriving before hand, and sure I missed all of that being the bride! Neither did I get to see the kids or BM's walk up the aisle, as I was out in the porch. And I wanted to see Mr. Jawl's reactions :) Sure I lived through it, but the whole day was a blur :o0 I've watched it twice, once on our own and once with my family. I'm glad I got it for that reason, as most of the day was so surreal I can't remember every detail :) I wouldn't like to think I'd be forcing it on anybody though.
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I can understand why people love them, but I'm just not interested! I know we'll be glad of it in years to come, though so it is nice to have it there. My Mam was just talking about her sister who got her video transfered to dvd a couple of months back and they watched it together. Mam said it was lovely to see all the children (us!) when they were small and all the aunts and uncles who have since passed away.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I don't think anyone should have to sit through a wedding DVD. If they were there, why make them watch it all again? If they weren't there (because they weren't invited, like extended family or something), then why on earth would they be interested? Now maybe if it was someone close who couldn't make it, then I can understand. We got our DVD and I enjoyed watching it, but there was no way I could make anyone (apart from parents) sit through two hours of it. I do a bit of video editing, so I edited it down to a 15 minute summary, with music over it (so there's no speaking/ceremony/speeches). Now that one I showed to everyone! I also put it on youtube to make it easier to share around and it's been watched hundreds of times.
[quote="PaniniRoses":42fhelba]I can understand why people love them, but I'm just not interested! I know we'll be glad of it in years to come, though so it is nice to have it there. My Mam was just talking about her sister who got her video transfered to dvd a couple of months back and they watched it together. Mam said it was lovely to see all the children (us!) when they were small and all the aunts and uncles who have since passed away.[/quote:42fhelba] Actually the night we watched mine, there was a bit of a drink involved and we ended up watching my bro and sil's as well. Her 5 year old nephew was page boy and in my DVD he's a big strapping man who attended with his girlfriend :) We must have said at least 10 times thought 'Jesus they're dead now, god rest them'. I know for my SIL she loved having it to see her Dad walking her up the aisle. She might only watch it once in a blue moon but it's there for her when she wants it.