Menu

Wedding and Engagement Ring Valuation for Insurance

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emloumanryan Posts: 120
Hi ladies myself and my husband bought a house and the home insurance have said that to put the wedding and engagement rings on would cost extra. I just phoned a place to value my wedding and engagement ring and they said €150, does anyone know is this the average price please its in Dublin city centre if that helps?
Vicci Murphy Posts: 3
Hi there! I needed to get my ring valued urgently as i am going on a work trip on saturday and dont want to fly without insuring it.. I rang Applebys today as i saw on this thread people had luck and they told me they could do it today so i went in. When i got in the staff were so rude and told me that they cant do it for me and that there would be a 2 week wait as i didnt buy the ring there. They had serious attitude for people who make their livings on selling expensive items! I went into Abana jewelers in Powerscourt (upstairs) and Denis Murphy did it for me then and there! He initially said it would be 2 hours and 80 euro and i said if i paid 100 could he do it for me in an hour as i went in my lunch break! He did it for me in under an hour and still only charged me 80 euro. Cannot recommend him more! I got his business card: He is 23g Powerscourt Townhouse Phone: 01 633 6752