Menu

Wedding Band Needed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MRSCLARKE2B Posts: 6
Hi Everyone!! I am in need of some help and I thought someone out there might be able to make a recommendtaion:) I am really struggling to find a band for my wedding 4th July 2014. The wedding is in Wicklow and I have asked a couple of bands that I had seen at previous weddings and everyone that I have asked is already booked. Are there any wollies out there or suppliers that might be able to make a recommendation? The wedding will have approx 80 guests so I am thinking maybe a 4 piece / absolute max 5 piece band. I was hoping for music that would suit a young crowd and that does a bit of everything. Any help you could give would be great!! Many thanks :)
Bickie Posts: 37
Hi MrsClarke2b, We've booked The Hitmen Trio. Our venue isn't very big and it will be a young crowd, so might meet your criteria? We've seen them play and they're brilliant, quite different to usual wedding bands and very reasonable price-wise.
Thank you so much but I've already tried them and they're already booked on that date. Lucky you! They are superb :)
tobebride Posts: 184
We have booked goodfellas. Not sure if you have tried them.
Fantastic - must take a look at their website! Thanks for passing on the detail! Much appreciated.
allieb21 Posts: 247
Hey! Perfect band for you -- The Groove from Arklow. Just had them at our wedding and were awesome all the guest love them! 3 fellas who kept the night bopping! They have a Facebook page so check them out :)
JULYBRIDE Posts: 200
Great site for bands: http://bestweddingbands.ie/ We wanted After Dark as we had seen them and they are brilliant! Had everyone up dancing all night. But they were booked out :weep However it was them who sent us the link to the website above (which they are affiliated with) and we got a great feel for some of the other bands via their profiles and audio clips. We have provisionally booked 'The Vows' now. Has anyone heard anything about them? Hope you find something x
nowmrsc Posts: 216
We had Bumblebeehoney no idea if they would be available buti would highly recommend them they mad our night...
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hey, did you try Sophies service finder on here. It might help narrow down who is available. Most bands will travel for a small fee so don't be put off by their location. Hth Sinead
pinklady001 Posts: 268
After Hours are a great band, have seen them at a couple of weddings and they were fantastic. http://www.weddingsonline.ie/suppliers/after-hours Also second The Groove as mentioned above, they're fantastic too!