wedding band price------is this dear???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hi all!!!! hope we are all well on this rainy Friday evening. i just got a price for my wedding band €2350 for the band and dj....including travel expenses....is this dear? it is a very well known band in the cork area. thanks in advance O-O
jen4 Posts: 566
Hi, that sounds pretty similar to how much mine are costing, I think it's about €2500 for band, dj and a pianist at the drinks reception.
Picasso Posts: 645
How many people are in the band and how long will they play for? I'd say its a little on the high side but if they are a good band, and travelling a bit to you, then its probably worth it.
DrWhosPoopy Posts: 654
That's very reasonable. :wv
rk16 Posts: 190
[quote="anon10":2vsqn3w1]hi all!!!! hope we are all well on this rainy Friday evening. i just got a price for my wedding band €2350 for the band and dj....including travel expenses....is this dear? it is a very well known band in the cork area. thanks in advance O-O[/quote:2vsqn3w1] Oh Dear is rite :eek :eek I got ours, midlands for €1700 including the DJ, travel expences were not even part of it... we heard them a few times but i think that your price is very steep, mind you could be that your in the big smoke maybe that the prices are higher
Vera Wang Bride Posts: 32
That sounds about right. Most of the quotes we got are for around the same.
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
Hi girls, thanks for the speedy replies!!!!!! its a cork city band but the wedding is out in clonakilty??? there are 4 in the band and as far as im aware they play from around 9-12.30ish than dj starts?? thanks girls anyone recommend a good band with dj that dont cost the sun the moon and the stars!!! :thnk
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I dont think its too expensive!! go for it if you really like them!!
Twirler Posts: 1644
Sounds about average to me. Ours is a little more expensive than that.
Delish Posts: 4176
I think it's really expensive, our band were 1250, but were local guys and we kinda knew them, DJ was a friend ( brill professional dj). Seems dear to me, but maybe I am a cheapskate.