Menu

Wedding Cake book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mary_d Posts: 74
My Mum has offered to make my wedding cake and I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a book about icing to give us some inspiration and help? Thanks
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Hey, Sorry don't know of any books specifically but why not have a look in wedding magazines? There're nearly always sections on the cake in them & sometime there're even little supplements specifically about wedding cakes.
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i was considering making myown cake a while back, but changed my mind, but did manage to get some mags and was able to find out about some books before hand, if you go to your local easons or the like, you will find mags on cake decorating, i also found that if you go on to amazon and type in wedding cake books, or cake decoarting books, you will get some.
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey, while browsing in easons for wedding magazines I came across a magazine called sugarcraft (think that was the name). Now not sure if they had anything to do with weddings but it seemed to give step by step guide to decorating all types of novelty cakes. Maybe you could check if they have a website. All the best
mary_d Posts: 74
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look in Easons. Had a look on Amazon also and there were loads of books