WEDDING CAR - PLEASE HELP!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shazza k Posts: 525
I am looking for a quirky different wedding car. I originally wanted a horse and cart but all I could get was the fancy cariage and I wanted something way more simple and my reception is a little too far away from the hotel so Im starting to look at other options. I have been looking at vintage cars but I want something differnt. My theme is shabby chic sorta vintagy but not the posh vintagy sorta burlesque style!! Im looking for a differnt quirqy car oldish not necessarly your classic wedding vintage car. Any ideas plesae help Im tearing my hair out trying to think. PLEASE HELP O:|
allie12 Posts: 458
What about an American classic car- something like a cadillac or the like?
yep thats along the lines im going for not mad about a cadalac but right style can you think of any other style of cars and the other think is where would I go looking for one Why cant I have simple ideas!
mrsoriordan Posts: 846
we got a lincoln continental [img:10epxyw7]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/1976_Lincoln_Continental_Mark_IV.jpg[/img:10epxyw7]
MrsBuck Posts: 846
shazza k what about an old beetle? my uncle is restoring one at the moment and if its ready for our wedding we are going to use that!
hey mrsoriordan2be I like the brown car to the left of the picture where did you get yourd from and was that a picture from there sales room do they do other cars mrsbuck2b conveted beatle wud be good too just have to find one to use on the day ;o(
mrsoriordan Posts: 846
[quote="shazza k":3ky14ynu]hey mrsoriordan2be I like the brown car to the left of the picture where did you get yourd from and was that a picture from there sales room do they do other cars mrsbuck2b conveted beatle wud be good too just have to find one to use on the day ;o([/quote:3ky14ynu] that was just a googled pic. sorry
allie12 Posts: 458
Not sure of names etc of cars, but there is an American vintage web site that might give you some idea's. just google american muscle cars ireland. Maybe contact someone there to see. I know that most are privatly owned but they may know of anywhere you can rent one. Hope this helps.
brideandjoyblog Posts: 1
I love the idea of a 'different' wedding car like a Beetle or an old Mini, but there is a problem renting them as wedding cars in the republic of Ireland (something to do with them not qualifying for a taxi licence). There are some companies up the north who do them but they can't operate down here either [url:3f6x8owx]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=123963[/url:3f6x8owx]. From what I can tell, you are lucky if you know someone with one who's willing to drive you on the day as a favour but you can't pay a company to bring you in a quirky little car. [url:3f6x8owx]http://brideandjoy.wordpress.com[/url:3f6x8owx]