Wedding coin - 1 or 2?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AquariusGal Posts: 512
Hey girls, we got a wedding coin along with our rings, but now I'm seeing alot in sample mass booklets "A & B exchange gold & silver, or gifts etc" Should we have gotten 2 wedding coins so we could give them to each other?!So confused!
highbeam Posts: 2578
No I think its just one. You hubby gives it to you and then you give it back to him.
Sunnydays2012 Posts: 40
Hi! It should really be two coins. I had only bought one coin, thinking that I give it to DH ans he gives it back, but at our rehersal the priest told us that if we do that it's like 'receiving a gift and then giving it back'! With our wedding the following day I didn't have time to get a second coin so I just gave it to DH on the day! Didn't bother me in the slightest, but if I had known in advance I would have bought two for the sake of it. Don't stress over it though! Enjoy every second of your day :compress
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Think it's only one coin. Traditionally given by the groom to the bride to symbolise his willingness to share all that he owns / will earn. We didn't bother with this TBH.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
I've never seen a couple use two wedding coins, only one.
loub2b2012 Posts: 24
We are just having the one coin
bellee Posts: 441
Im jumping on here to ask where to even get these wedding coins? Hardy even seen them used but like the idea ????
kariega Posts: 112
My parent's have always given my other siblings an old coin(half crown, shilling etc) when they got married that they could use for the ceremony. Our Jeweller is engraving a silver coin with our names & date of our wedding as a complimentary gift. Bought engagement ring & also buying wedding rings there.
sept2012bride Posts: 218
i had never heard wedding coins before until we were ordering our wedding rings. They are doing a special which includes an engraved wedding coin. You should be able to get one where ever you get your rings i would imagine.
Dollydo Posts: 759
[quote="Twinkle toe":1o9hl36k]Think it's only one coin. Traditionally given by the groom to the bride to symbolise his willingness to share all that he owns / will earn. We didn't bother with this TBH.[/quote:1o9hl36k] You've kind of answered the question I had.. Is this necessary? What I mean is, is it a REQUIREMENT or something we can just leave out of the booklet and no one will know?!