Wedding day perfume?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rosewater Posts: 372
Hi ladies, I'm am trying to pick a perfume for my wedding day and can't decide which one to wear. Just wondering did you wear your "normal" perfume or get a special scent for the day? I like light perfumes like Rock & Rose for day wear and Flowerbomb or something heavier for night wear. Can't decide what to wear on wedding day though, any ideas?
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I'm wearing Estee Lauder Beautiful. Have two bottles of it and a body cream which I got for Christmas and birthday presents! So delighted as I had been intending to buy it out of the wedding budget but now I don't have to! It's a perfume I wear a lot and love, it's kinda my signature scent. I really love it, it smells good on me and it lasts all day. Every time I wear it I get compliments. The lady in the bridal shop commented twice on it when I went in to try on dresses. I even had a man stop me at the bus stop one day and say 'I just have to say your perfume is lovely, you smell gorgeous' and he went on his way. Honest to God, very Impulse Man isn't it?! H2B loves it as well. I think it's the vanilla or the kinda clean powdery smell, but he finds it very sexy!
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
I divide my perfumes into 'day' and 'night' perfumes...day ones being lighter and flowerier...night ones being stronger and more dictinct. My alltime FAV day perfume is 'j'adore', and i decided to wear this for my wedding day. (the name of ther perfume fitted with the whole day completely by co-incidence!!! :-8 ) Love Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' too, and Aqua di Gio. Both very light, but lovely.
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
i wore vera wang original perfume, because to me it smelled the most bridely (sp) but if i had to choose again id go for something more "me", i love dior perfumes especially poison. theres tonnes of my vera wang left waste really....
Princess09 Posts: 821
[quote="TAZ DEVIL ":3qf9kgfo]i wore vera wang original perfume, because to me it smelled the most bridely (sp) but if i had to choose again id go for something more "me", i love dior perfumes especially poison. theres tonnes of my vera wang left waste really....[/quote:3qf9kgfo] Same happened me Taz, girl at beauty counter talked me out of Flower Bomb/Vera Wang Princess, as they were not "suitable wedding perfumes", wtf, since when were "wedding perfumes" created? :yelrotflmaosmilie: Anyway I was every Beauty marketers dream in the run up to my wedding, and I went for Marc Jacobs Daisy, now I like it but don't love it. But what I can say is every time I smell it it reminds me of my wedding day, and brings back great memories. I would def recommend picking a brand new scent but also something you truly love :lvs as a scent.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I wore Eternity by CK, Love it!! I normally wear pleasures so thougth it would be nice for a change, so delighted I did as when I smell Eternity it reminds me of our wedding day
mysteriousgirl Posts: 783
I wore Calvin Klein Beauty, I bought it with the scented shower cream. They have great offers now in the Perfume Shop, it was €45 down to €18 for the 30ml set.
stick Posts: 1229
i :lvs tommy girl so i am goign to wear this on the day. my h2b also :lvs the smell of it on me
streaks Posts: 3592
I wore daisy by Marc Jacobs it was a new perfume for me to wear and every time. I smell it now it brings me back to our fab day! :lvs it! Alot of people were asking what I was wearing aswell so I was delighted :o)ll
ItsOK Posts: 849
I wore Chloe - :lvs it and every time i smell it now i think of wedding and honeymoon. I love it when hubbie wears his wedding aftershave - brings back so many memories!