WEDDING DRESS FEAR!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

simbalady30 Posts: 231
Hi peeps panicking a little bit at dis stage got my dress in Aug 07 bought dress in shop at discount price........tried in on in Feb looked ok but now worried by time get married in May 09 it will have gone off colour a bit although it is gold/ivory......and it is still in shop am i panicking unnessarily :o( or how long does a dress keep for before it starts to look "off" :hic
Suebabe Posts: 553
Dont panic :wv :wv Im sure it will be fine people buy there dresses years in advance also people wear there mothers and granmothers wedding dresses so im sure it will keep for a few months!!! If your still stressed go and see the dress in the shop :wv :wv
Chrystals Posts: 10
Dont worry, you can always get it steamed if you dont want to get it spot cleaned all over.
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Have my dress hanging up at home now too. Keep thinking that the colour will fade or that the bag will discolour the dress. But I have been told by the shop where I bought the dress that the bag it is in is breathable cotton and so the dress should be okay. It was a shop sample and so I had to take it with me when I bought it. There is one tiny little stain on the front near the hemline - can you get dresses spot cleaned or should i leave it as is. I am sure that the stain will not be noticeable - anyway I have been told that before I get to the chapel that it might be dusty anyway around the hem-line.
kitten_77 Posts: 826
if you store the dress properly it will be fine. Sunlight is a killer for white clothes so dont have it in direct sunlight. Although the bag should protect it against glare anyway. Make sure the garment bag is breathable - ie cotton. I would get the dress cleaneed just before wedding just to freshen it up.
Belleboo Posts: 924
Keep it in a warm house, def not cold or damp.. like others say there are breathable bags you can get for dresses.. wouldn't panic.. i think that fading happens over decades as opposed to a couple of years..
s wife Posts: 1445
[quote="RainbowBright":3sqcqz6o]Have my dress hanging up at home now too. Keep thinking that the colour will fade or that the bag will discolour the dress. But I have been told by the shop where I bought the dress that the bag it is in is breathable cotton and so the dress should be okay. It was a shop sample and so I had to take it with me when I bought it. There is one tiny little stain on the front near the hemline - can you get dresses spot cleaned or should i leave it as is. I am sure that the stain will not be noticeable - anyway I have been told that before I get to the chapel that it might be dusty anyway around the hem-line.[/quote:3sqcqz6o] hi like you i bought a sample dress about 10 mths in advance about 3weeks before the wedding i had it cleaned fully and the difference was amazing plus it was crease free :wv