Menu

Wedding Dress Shopping!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LK10 Posts: 62
Hey girls, Im getting married Dec 2010 and Im wondering when should I start the wedding dress hunt??!!
miabella Posts: 212
Its never too early.....its such fun :o)ll Even if u dont pick a dress you'll be able to see what shape/style suits you happy shopping..... :wv
lori-lou Posts: 1
start now......ya can never be too early. Its stressful so do it now to reduce the panic :-8
14082010 Posts: 2103
Hi there, I am getting married Aug 2010 and i have my dress ordered since feb 14th this year :o0 :o0 Its never too early and is so much fun so enjoy,only time you will get to do it :wv
Cindereilla Posts: 89
Im gettin married June 2010 and haven't even started heard it takes 4-6 months to come in then alterations so Id better get a move on!! Think you have loads time but you dont want to leave it to last minute though!
TheG Posts: 309
I don't think it's ever too early to start looking. Also don't go there with any preconceptions about what dress you think you want. I found that the ones I thought would look good on me weren't actually and others that I thought I definitely didn't want looked great. My advice is to try on all types of dress before you decide what you want. Personally I bought my dress in July 08 and I'm not getting married until October this year and I absolutely LOVE my dress still. Went back for my first fitting last week and was a little worried that I'd hate it now after so long but no, it was still beautiful on (even if I do say so myself :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 )
Service Finder
TheG Posts: 309
I don't think it's ever too early to start looking. Also don't go there with any preconceptions about what dress you think you want. I found that the ones I thought would look good on me weren't actually and others that I thought I definitely didn't want looked great. My advice is to try on all types of dress before you decide what you want. Personally I bought my dress in July 08 and I'm not getting married until October this year and I absolutely LOVE my dress still. Went back for my first fitting last week and was a little worried that I'd hate it now after so long but no, it was still beautiful on (even if I do say so myself :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 ). Best of luck with it and remember you can look at as many dresses as you want for as long as you want but you'll know when you find "the one"
jezzebel Posts: 153
Im also getting married dec 2010. im going to my first shop in Oct. am taking my time tho plan to visit about four or five shops so gonna leave space of a month or more between them. hope to have picked a dress by spring next year. like to be organised and hate to feel under pressure! I dont think u can really pick ur colour scheme, bm dresse or flowers till u have ur dress tho. Alot is based on that part being done! *)
Uberta Posts: 2
Taking your time for just a visiting now and find out what style you really want to be on your wedding, important prepare work for a year later, and then determine that within 6 months before your wedding, that is a time for tailoring, shipping, and modifing if you are not satisfied with some parts, time is available. just visit some dresses such as http://www.inweddingdress.com or davids' bridal, all shall be OK. do not buy that so early in case you will find more perfect one in a year's time.
LK10 Posts: 62
I was thinking about going in November but I thought I might be a bit early...but thanks to you ladies Im DEF going now in November.....I have about 20 Bridal mags upstairs in the office and not one dress is catching me eye....Ive a feeling its going to take me a while to choose my dress!!!!!! Ive butterflies in my tummy just thinking about trying them on :o)ll Thanks again ladies x