Wedding dresses cheaper in the UK?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sheep Posts: 626
I'm just wondering as I'm going over in a few weeks to try on dresses. I know we get ripped off over here with shops making up their own exchange rates when it comes to the price of normal clothes in shops so I was wondering if the same applied to wedding dresses and if I would be better off buying a dress over there. I know the cheapest thing to do is order it from the US but I haven't found the dress I have my eye on on any of the US websites.
chefmaid Posts: 2426
No idea but i would say with the exchange rate now you could save money - Sure go and try on some and see what prices they are so you can compare
Thanks chefmaid. I guess I can't find out the prices in Ireland without making an appointment to try dresses on though can I? I guess it's probably the same difference as I would be flying over to the UK for fittings etc but then I'll be visiting family at the same time so I don't mind that
the winner Posts: 4148
well i know that my dress in alexandras in dublin was 600 euro more expensive than the same dress in a bridal shop in newry... I live 15 mins from newry so its def the best option for me... my dress is a maggie sottero:D Good luck :D
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I googled a dress that I liked in a dublin shop and found it about €500 cheaper on a uk bridal website.
I think I might get it in the UK in that case. Plus it's an excuse to visit home more often if I have to go over for fittings. Thanks guys.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Buying mine abroad too. The fittings will be a good excuse for a long weekend. Will still be saving on my dress even including the cheapo flights.