Wedding drinks.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Just curious whether everyone is providing wine for the tables and paying for the guests to toast a drink for the new couple. Or just having the wine. Thanks. Not sure what to do I have been to weddings where they both happen butt still in two minds as to what to do at my own.
angel1978 Posts: 1154
Im just doing a top up of wine for the toast but im having a champagne reception first so thats where my toast money is gone. I dont think people expect a toast drink as well as wne especially if your having a drinks reception first.
My hotel provides tea and coffee grand and e at reception do you think this with wine and top ups is fine for the tables at the dinner and the toast? A friend who has recently got married told me her toast cost her father a couple of grand TBH I cant budget for that. So I am hoping the wine will be fine but if this is the norm ??? Thanks for your response.
angel1978 Posts: 1154
I think its enough. A lot of people will have wine and the men usually go and get themselves a pint anyway. Dont be putting extra pressure on yourselves. Our hotel offers tea/coffee and scones on arrival and to be honest the only reason we are adding the champagne reception is because its not working out at a ridiculous price. Its coming in at under 500 euro so im happy with that but i know it can get out of hand with a toast even if you tell barman no top shelf stock or doubles to be given.
Thanks you, you have given me peace of mind now I was worrying so much about the added cost which we cant afford. Thanks.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I am not definitely decided yet either. Are those who don't drink wine, usually happy enough to buy another drink at the bar, or is that cheeky to expect that of them?
Yes I know Gramurray I too am a bit undecided. Still pondering over what to do for the best.
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Wine for the tables and a top up for the toast.
macsmissus Posts: 928
Topping up the glasses for the toast.
chefmaid Posts: 2426
We topped up the wine for the toast and it worked well O-O