Wedding drinks. - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nomla Posts: 787
To be honest; I wish to cut costs and it means the people giving the speeches can enjoy the meal. It has been at all the weddings i have been at for the last while; and I ould recommend it.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I asked about cutting the cost on wine this afternoon, by email. It was €21.25 a bottle and we are getting it now for €20 a bottle. Every discount helps.
s wife Posts: 1445
gramurray i have to say having the speaches before the meal was great it meant that everyone doing speaches could actually eat their dinners with out having the nerves get the better of them all our guest's thought it was a fab idea plus you have everyones attention as i find after your dinner people want to get up go for a smoke,loo or whatever so you dont always have a full room as for the toast ,our hotel called everyone to be seated then took the drinks orders ,then it was time for me a hubby to make our entrance ,at this stage everyone had a drink and the speaches started ,the feed back i got from all our guests was that we had the most relaxed wedding ever as all the formalities where done before the dinner :wv hope that helps
papillon Posts: 1305
We're doing champagne reception and wine (plenty of) No toast drink. (i know I never really appreciate it as I bring plenty of drinking money!)
Still trying to decide and wanted to ask ye all something. I am expecting about 110 at my wedding. Approx. how many people should I xount for wine? On average? I think a good few of the lads will buy beer at the bar and then other people will be driving. I don't think I would need to count more than 70! Could be way out here. Any ideas? Deciding what I'm doing based on what is cheapest, but doesn't seem miserly either. Keeping options open. Need to know your opinions on wine numbers though, to help me decide. Thanks.
marriedLife Posts: 1881
They say you should allow for half a bottle a head - this accounts for people not drinking the wine apparently. I am going to go for a little over that as want to make sure people have enough wine with their meal.
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
hey, for my wedding i had a champagne reception on arrival but only because i bought in my own champagne. we had wine with the meal and for roughly 200 people with about 50 tee totalers we used 68 bottles of wine...the toast drink we also did and we just specified with the hotel no doubles and for everyone the toast drink came to €800... hope this helps somewhat.
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Thanks for all the replies girls it has been a great help. MrsD2beX, I tried to amend the poll to include toast only no wine but it is not allowing me, it will only allow me to edit my original post. Apologies I didnt think to include it.
[quote="qwerty1505":37fwgekc]They say you should allow for half a bottle a head - this accounts for people not drinking the wine apparently. I am going to go for a little over that as want to make sure people have enough wine with their meal.[/quote:37fwgekc] Half a bottle a head!!! :ooh So, for 110 people I need 55 bottles!!!! Hopeless at figures..have I calculated that right? Bloody hell, I was hoping to get away with about 25 bottles maximum. I don't want wine left over either. I will ask my BIL, who is in the business as well. Thanks.
angel1978 Posts: 1154
[quote="gramurray":2bf3jfr4][quote="qwerty1505":2bf3jfr4]They say you should allow for half a bottle a head - this accounts for people not drinking the wine apparently. I am going to go for a little over that as want to make sure people have enough wine with their meal.[/quote:2bf3jfr4] Half a bottle a head!!! :ooh So, for 110 people I need 55 bottles!!!! Hopeless at figures..have I calculated that right? Bloody hell, I was hoping to get away with about 25 bottles maximum. I don't want wine left over either. I will ask my BIL, who is in the business as well. Thanks.[/quote:2bf3jfr4] We are having 110 to ours too and even the hotel said a half bottle per person, even people you know dont drink, you still buy for them and that allows enough for everyone over the course of the meal. Remember the average wedding meal is 2 - 2 1/2 hours long so half a bottle is just over 2 glasses each. I know i would drink more than that with any meal. We are having 35 white and 25 red, so 5 over to play it safe.