Wedding Favours and Gifts with a difference

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WeddingsOnline.ie Posts: 254
[url=http://www.weddingsonline.ie/supplier-directory/item/7250/ispca-wedding-favours-and-gifts-that-make-a-difference/:3e61lf4g]Make a difference at your Wedding with ISPCA Favours and Gifts[/url:3e61lf4g] Don't leave a table full of uneaten chocolate at the end of the night. Give your guests something handy and help a worthy cause at the same time!
Tinker Bell Posts: 875
Saw this at the Wedding Journal Show, really good Idea and they have nice certificates or keyrings. I would have gone for them myself but my hotel provide the favours for us. But it is a great to give your guests something different and you'll be helping a good cause. Tinker Bell *)
lola bride Posts: 794
This is exactly what we are doing for our favours. Except we have pins from 2 different charities. We decided on this a couple of wks ago as the charities we choose are very close to our hearts and thought that not only are we giving to a good cause, but even if they are left on the table at the end of the night, both charities have still benefited from it! We have gotten the pins from 1 charity already and the lady ive been dealing with couldnt get over the thought and couldnt thank us anymore! We bought favour boxes at the wedding journal show in teh point a few wks and were putting each pin in a box with our names and date of the wedding on it, but instead of leaving them on teh table, were going to personally hand them to each of our guests.
That's great Lola Bride, It's such a waste to buy favours because a lot of them are left behind. At least with your favours if the guests leave them behind the charities are still benifiting. I wish we had done it but with the hotel already doing the favours at no extra cost I didn't want to put any additional costs on our already stretched budget. Tinker Bell *)
lola bride Posts: 794
Hey Tinkerbell! :wv Long time no word! How are you? Did you get your honeymoon sorted out? Yeah if we were lucky enough to have our hotel provide the favours, weprobably wouldnt of done it, but its working out at around the same price as chocolates plus its for a good cause!
sinead58 Posts: 53
Hey Tinkerbell, Does the hotel definitely supply the wedding favours?
I'll be talking to the wedding co-ordinator during the week I'll let you know the minute I find out. Tinker Bell *)
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
saw it on here someone posted they got a case of wine as a gift thought it was a lovely idea.
dangerPowers10 Posts: 85
I was always doing this and the surprise on the girls face in the point - she said it's really hard to convince people to go this route.. we got our little dog in the pound I wanted to give something back...
Mrs P 2b Posts: 111
we are doing this too - we've chosen to charities that we wanted to support. should be getting the pins from one of the charities tomorrow. think it's a really good idea!