Wedding favours

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

janet09 Posts: 70
Just wondering are many people still giving out wedding favours, werent at last couple of weddings we were at, suppose saves a few quid for something else.
Roz Posts: 588
No we arent. Decided to donate some money to charity instead. You will find alot of people arent bothering with favors
Gilla Posts: 70
We are, we're having baby bottles of whiskey for the men and baby bottles of voddie for the ladies.... gonna get personalised labels for them... We're not doing the round of drinks so we thought this would be a cheaper way of doing it! We're already doing the drinks reception and wine but couldn't justify doing the hole round of drinks thing....
micksmrs Posts: 931
I am not having any, providing lots of wine for the guest for the whole day and through out the evening. Its enough in my eyes. I forgot they had favours the last wedding I was at and one of the hotels told me not to bother as they end up sweeping 90% of them up off the floor at the end of the night!!!
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
I have bought handmade belgian choc wedding cakes - white for the girls & milk choc for the boys - got them on ebay - €120 for 130!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
[quote="Gilla":m4pazjxo]We are, we're having baby bottles of whiskey for the men and baby bottles of voddie for the ladies.... gonna get personalised labels for them... We're not doing the round of drinks so we thought this would be a cheaper way of doing it! We're already doing the drinks reception and wine but couldn't justify doing the hole round of drinks thing....[/quote:m4pazjxo] I wanted to do this and one bride here said that she was charged corkage for supplying these on the tables so I checked with my hotel and they said there was a "service charge"
Gilla Posts: 70
We checked this out with our hotel already and the wedding co ordinator told us there was no charge..... phew! :o0 Thats mad though that they would charge a "service charge", ffs like they're getting enough money already.
bubblyblonde Posts: 1353
[quote="tiredbride":22q0rsjh][quote="Gilla":22q0rsjh]We are, we're having baby bottles of whiskey for the men and baby bottles of voddie for the ladies.... gonna get personalised labels for them... We're not doing the round of drinks so we thought this would be a cheaper way of doing it! We're already doing the drinks reception and wine but couldn't justify doing the hole round of drinks thing....[/quote:22q0rsjh] I wanted to do this and one bride here said that she was charged corkage for supplying these on the tables so I checked with my hotel and they said there was a "service charge"[/quote:22q0rsjh] Our hotel have it in our contract that we would be charged corkage for this :eek
myself Posts: 192
We are, little boxes of chocolates with 2 choccies and our names and date of the wedding on the boxes. We decided on this because firstly the company in Athboy that does it is run by and for people with intellectual disabilities - so we thought that was a really lovely idea and we wanted to support them. Secondly the chocolate is Swiss (they learned how to do it over there and no make them here in Ireland) and is amazingly delicious. It isn't too expensive, about €300 or less for 180 boxes. And also H2B is from Athboy, so he is delighted to have something from home there. www.she.ie That is their website if you want to check it out.