Wedding flowers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyB2016 Posts: 167
Hi Girls Getting married two weeks on Thursday and had picked ivory roses for me and blush pink roses for my bridesmaids. Now I'm thinking of changing to Hydrangea's instead in the same colours. My granny had lovely hydrangeas in her house at the weekend and I couldn't stop admiring them. They are so big and fluffy but the roses are so classic and elegant. Just wondering what you are all going for? I should mention that our wedding is black tie so sticking with really classic clean lines and simple colours. Bridesmaids are in black lace. If I do change probably need to tell the florist now. TIA
mrsmcc2502 Posts: 497
If it were me I would change, the ivory and blush pink would be absolutely lovely but the hydrangeas would be something w little different! And as you have the black tie, the plain yet full shape of the hydrangea bouquet would still fit in well with the clean lines as it's quite structured isn't it?
BuzzyBee92 Posts: 142
Well, send that query to your florist sooner rather than later as they may have already placed an order for all those roses. Is there any extra cost to change? etc... Once you have all the information you can make your decision. You're right, roses are classic and elegant. Pink & white sounds like it would go well with you B&W theme. Do you have flowers anywhere else you would need to make the switch to hydrangeas? Ordered my own flowers there a few weeks ago, wedding isn't until end of March. Dead set on Blue Iris as they are on my family crest and are his family's colours, but also have a mix of purple orchids and other blue/purple blooms with some baby's breath too. Considering the variety we didn't break the bank! BTW Best Wishes for your Wedding! :heartbeat:
LadyB2016 Posts: 167
Thanks girls BuzzyBee we are having 6 cherry blossom trees along the aisle with tealight lantens sprinkled with rose petals. Only other flower arrangement will be the alter arrangement. Not having pew ends as think the cherry blossoms will be enough. Your colours sound fab and the baby breath really adds volume. Best of luck to you too and hope all your plans are coming along well :-)
BuzzyBee92 Posts: 142
[quote="LadyB2016":3r6mxczp]Thanks girls BuzzyBee we are having 6 cherry blossom trees along the aisle with tealight lantens sprinkled with rose petals. Only other flower arrangement will be the alter arrangement. Not having pew ends as think the cherry blossoms will be enough. Your colours sound fab and the baby breath really adds volume. Best of luck to you too and hope all your plans are coming along well :-)[/quote:3r6mxczp] *Squeals of Delight* :heartbeat: That sounds super dreamy!!! Oh that's going to be amazing regardless what bouquet you choose. #teamroses
Tipp2016 Posts: 72
Hi we went for all roses for our wedding . I wanted elegant and crisp . At the beginning I wanted hydrangea but my florist advised against them as it was a summer wedding and she said they don't last very well so check with your florist and your decision might be made for you that way . We had roses on pews and I got fab clear vases in ikea for the centrepieces which were filled with ivory roses and beautiful pearls. It did blow the flower budget out of the water but I'm so glad I did it as I had an image in my head of what I wanted snd they were perfect on the day . So elegant and not in your face . Have great day at wedding . I can pm you photo if you want . The next two weeks will fly .