Wedding Insurance ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May09Bride Posts: 1050
I know this is a bit sombre - but has anyone bought or thought about wedding insurance? my mum is a stickler for insuring everything and anything!! Her last comment was what if something happens and you have to cancel - you loose all your deposit money!!! hotel... band... video.. photo guys blah O:| blah O:| blah O:| any input ladies :ooh
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I was actually thinking about this as well. A friend of mine was having her wedding in a lovely hotel but it burned down the week before. They had paid for everything and they lost a lot of money. They advised me to get wedding insurance just incase something happens.
rop Posts: 1453
yeh we took it out with [url:3fa546xt]http://www.weddinginsurance.ie[/url:3fa546xt] just in case. Especially with the way the weather was this summer - alot of our guests are travelling from the UK - in and around where all the flooding happened - and if they couldnt travel we are covered - also covers things like - loosing the rings - suppliers not following through - photographer issues etc.... well worth it just for piece of mind....
I thought my Mum was mad in the head to be honest - but I guess I should never doubt her - like she always reminds me - "your mother is always RIGHT!!!" i think I will look into it more, does it cost much??
ops, will look at that wedding insurance web site - thanks so much O-O
mrs ants Posts: 813
We took wedding insurance out through Confetti.co.uk and for peace of mind it is great value. :wv
[quote="May09Bride":37j1abwk] i think I will look into it more, does it cost much??[/quote:37j1abwk] i think ours was €89 - ad hopefully we will never have to use it!
Had a quick look at wedding insurance.ie and the "essential package" is €75 - which is very reasonable and the next "premiere package" is €199. had a look at confetti.co.uk - but you have to be a UK resident to avail of their packages. i am confused as to which is best to buy, plus I have to keep in mind my BUDGET which is ever increasing... any help????
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Just make sure you read the small print of what's actually covered before you part with the readies. It wasn't great when I looked into it, although admittedly that's a good while ago.
[quote="May09Bride":2crdw467]Had a quick look at wedding insurance.ie and the "essential package" is €75 - which is very reasonable and the next "premiere package" is €199. had a look at confetti.co.uk - but you have to be a UK resident to avail of their packages. i am confused as to which is best to buy, plus I have to keep in mind my BUDGET which is ever increasing... any help????[/quote:2crdw467] your package will probably be picked according to your budget: Cancellation Cover up to € 10,000 - from €75 Cancellation Cover up to € 20,000 - from €199 We were advised by a seperate party that for an average budget of €15 - 30K go for the essential as there are an awful lot of things that you will never claim for... but if your budget is over this perhaps maybe the premier is more suited??