Menu

Wedding Insurance?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrssparkles Posts: 108
Wish I ahd now taht I know my hotel is in recievership :-(
stickwoman Posts: 2394
:o)ll
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hi AngelButterfly, Yep I'm going to get insurance - I just feel that it's worth it for peace of mind that should anything happen (touch wood!) that some of the money etc will be refunded to you. I know it's not all about the money and it would still majorly mess things up for a B2B - but getting a payout means it's possible to re book without having to save it all up again. I've looked into weddinginsurance.ie and am going to go with the 3 star package with an add on of increased supplier failure cover just in case the hotel goes bust or anything - think it's coming in at about €110 which isn't too bad. I've only paid the first deposit to the hotel so far but once we get the contract etc sorted then I'll be booking it! HTH. :compress
czar1 Posts: 80
Wedding insurance was one of the first things we purchased. Given the financial situation in Ireland, we couldn't take the risk with one or a few vendors going under between now and our wedding.
Sooexcited2011 Posts: 114
i got wedding insurance the other day, the hotel where we're having our reception is in receivership so the insurance company wont insure you for that, I knew that already so just insured for the cost of everything else, the hotel is the biggest chunk out of our ever expanding budget so it brought the insurance cost down, now all i have to do is hope and pray the hotel doesn't close down... imagine!!!!!
We got it the other day. Hearing the rumours (although they're untrue) made me realise that for the sake of 100€ we're better off being covered in case anything happens!
me-ach Posts: 83
the afternoon show are talking about wedding insurance tomorrow afternoon so I will be watching out for info on it, still haven't decided whether we should get it or where?
me-ach Posts: 83
http://www.rte.ie/tv/fourlive/2011/0208 ... ce088.html Link to the website, the expert said that if you have paid deposits and then book insurance the insurance may not be valid! Anyone know anything about this? Not sure what to do as we have paid all of our deposits!!
Ah jesus... hope that's not true. O:|
bridee2b Posts: 2534
[quote="me-ach":11q0zg4m]http://www.rte.ie/tv/fourlive/2011/0208/consumerweddinginsurance088.html Link to the website, the expert said that if you have paid deposits and then book insurance the insurance may not be valid! Anyone know anything about this? Not sure what to do as we have paid all of our deposits!![/quote:11q0zg4m] Was just gonna post the same link... We haven't sorted our wedding insurance yet, but I tell ya I'm straight onto it in the morning :innocent: