Wedding Invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs2be Posts: 22
Hi All, As you can see i'm getting married at the end of December and i haven't started looking at invitations yet, have i left it too late to order them from a supplier? How long do they normally take once ordered? Any advice on which suppliers to use? We were gonna make them ourselves but we just don't have the time. All advice greatly appreciated.
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Hi there I got mine online from the US from and the whole thing took about 2 weeks from start to finish. I was getting estimates of 6 weeks for invitations from some suppliers in Ireland but I am sure some can turn them around quicker than that. I would start with the big ones like Lantz etc and see what they say. Lots of the girls here have used different suppliers in Ireland and are very happy with their work and from what I remember they were not waiting too long for them. Good luck!
Ms April Posts: 3
Hi, You still have plenty or time. You should give yourself about 3 weeks from when you oder them to when you should expect them printed. You could still so your own if you wanted. I am making my own but getting them printed prfessionally. The print shop will print the invites and score the card on the folds and then I am having a invitation party where my brides maids and i are getting together to add the finsihing touchs (ribbons, flowers etc). Like everything it is alot of work and time consuming so you need to be organised about it. Best of luck. :wv
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
are an irish company that can have your invites out ot you within a week