wedding invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bmcjf Posts: 13
Hi all, i am thinking of doing our wedding invitations myself and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get started, i dont have any graphic design programmes but the layout would be simple. thanks a million :o)ll
allsĂșn Posts: 253
Have a look an pintrest I got loads of ideas from there. I just used word to do mine I used a landscape page with two columns as I was making a5 flat invites. I got an idea for the wording from a printers magazine.
Thanks so much for that, yeah i have looked at pinterest and its fab, although I can get seriously side tracked :) I will give it a go on word and do a few samples to see :o)ll
allsĂșn Posts: 253
Yeah pintrest is addictive! I am just doing the writing on a pearl ivory paper with a lighter colour behind and then coloured card for a border,(am waiting to pick the bridesmaids dresses in a few weeks before I get the coloured card) and putting a ribbon across the top corner.I think the trick is to keep it simple or they will never all get made!
sounds lovely, thanks for all the tips :)
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Don't worry about needing a graphic designs program, word will be perfect! We downloaded a typewriter font to match our theme and made simple DL sized invites, similar to these
goingmad Posts: 657
http://www.weddingstationeryireland.ie/package-4.php send out free samples of the invites they do and some of them are very easy to recreate if you have the time and the patience! :wv
Thanks ladies for all the tips, really lovely invite craftyPB, thats a great idea to ask for samples 'going mad' ,must ask for a few samples from a few places and get thinking of the design. :wv
winterbride2015 Posts: 62
craftypb, do u have a link to the typewriter font? I love it!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Now, it was two years ago that I downloaded it- just Google search - you'll find one easily enough!