Wedding List HELP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Italy07 Posts: 5409
We are getting married in Tuscany just have a small wedding 20-24 of us going. We don't know what to do about the gift list as we are living together 13 years on in our house 8 years. I like the idea of honeymoon miles but H2B doesnt want 2 do this. Advise please!!!! O:| O:|
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Id personally ask for cash as then you can spend and buy whatever ye require :o)ll
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
[quote="sintomone":1063vua9]Id personally ask for cash as then you can spend and buy whatever ye require :o)ll[/quote:1063vua9] Ditto!
aoifed Posts: 580
I'm not saying I would object to a whole bundle of cash, but I will be having a gift register. We only rent and will buy when we are married, so it will be a great way for us to start really setting up home.
mrs ants Posts: 813
We are also going to ask for cash as have only been in our new house two years.
Port Princess Posts: 1154
We've told our parents to put the word out that we'd probably prefer money as we've had our house 3 years in April!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="lmgb":2h7su9gp]We've told our parents to put the word out that we'd probably prefer money as we've had our house 3 years in April![/quote:2h7su9gp] We are doing the same as we are in our house three years too. *)
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Thanks girls, I would love cash and that we could then do what ever we want, but I think it might sound weird asking people for cash. OHHHHHHHH I don't know what to do. :o(
anxita Posts: 1
don't know if this if of any help but when my best friend sent out her invites she wrote on the insert: "the best gift you could give us is your presence at our wedding. If you feel you would like to give us a present please could you contribue something towards our honeymoon as we have everything we need for our home together." Those aren't the exact words but I thought it was a very tactful way of putting it. It's weird there's all this stress about getting money for gifts 'cos it's traditional in so many other countries, and who wants four toasters anyway?!