Wedding make up - what are you going for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gizzy Posts: 59
I had my wedding trial last night - getting married in 4 weeks. I got smokey eyes with false eyelashes done last night but felt a little bit like a trannie in it!! Everyone thought it was amazing and said I just felt like that because it's not my norm! What are you for? Do you think smokey eyes look well for a winter wedding??
Greece Posts: 1800
Smokey eyes defo - go for it....but Im very weary about fake eyelashes, unless you wear them all the time they might look odd. But if you feel ok in them then cool. Who are you using by the way?
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
i love the smokey eye look but like mrs p 2 be i would be a little wary of the false eye lashes
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Gizzy, if it doesn't feel like you, don't do it. There is alot of feedback on here from people saying it is important to look like you and not try a radically new look. If false eyelashes are not you normally, I would say your wedding day is not the time to experiment with them. Smokey eyes would work for a winter wedding but I would suggest you try and stay quite classical so that your photos don't appear to date too much. HTH :wv
Spanish Bride 2b Posts: 778
Agree with the other posters. Go for the smokey eyes but not the false lashes. They can be a bit much :wv
gizzy Posts: 59
Thanks girls - I think you're right about the lashes. When I was taking make up off later that night I pulled off the lashes and the make up didnt seem so extreme! You know what it's like though when you've loads of people in your face saying yeah, go for it they're fab, or dont be stupid you look great etc! It nearly makes you wonder are you overreacting. I reckon for comfort on the day though I'd prefer to look more like me! I was just experimenting really. I'm using a girl from Mac in Brown Thomas. She's done two of my friends weddings and also one of their sisters too so I've seen her in action before and thought she was amazing. PM if any of you want her number because she does a lot of freelance stuff through mac. I'm so worn out with wedding stuff at the moment. Only 4 weeks to go though so the countdown is really on now!
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Gizzy - is it BT in Galway as I have just booked one of the Mac girls but anything that includes false eyelashes as a recommendation is not going to be my style :eek
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv You can keep the smokey eyes, (as i do love this look), but you can still look natural aswell.. I would advise you to go back and get a re-trail done again, and if you have to get the Girl to change the look a few times, then so be it.. After all, it's your big day, and you deserve to look like a princess