Wedding Meal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rainbow Posts: 18
Hi What is everyone doing with the meal at the reception. The hotel I am going to are charging and extra £6.95 per person if I give my guest a choice or I can send out a pre order with the invitations. What I have decided to do is just go with the same meal for everyone. Is that ok to do??
Anonymous Posts: 24542
6.95 seems a lot for a choice. I wouldn't pay it, Just have a set meal for everybody. Out hotel is charging us 1euro for a choice on starters and 2 euros for a choice on main courses, which I think is reasonable so we're going with that
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
That sounds really expensive for a choice. Our hotel is charging the same as KKranberry's for choices
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
Sorry :oops: meant to say that I think it's fine to go with just one choice, as long as there is a vegetarian option available too
pluppy Posts: 3519
i think going for a set menu is fine, because thats a lot to pay for you anyway there'll always be a veggie choice, it just wont be displayed
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Go with a set menu. If you send out the cards people will have forgotten what they ordered or will want a different main course by the time the wedding comes round. €6.95 spread over a wedding party would add up to quite a bit of money.