Wedding Menu Cards

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

abbey2 Posts: 74
I have just received sample menu cards from the hotel where I am having the reception and I am not happy with them. I am now thinking of doing my own. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this. How many should I allow for each table. Thanks...
highbeam Posts: 2578
Unless they are really terrible I wouldnt waste my money on doing your own. People pick them up to see whats for dinner and thats it. Could you ask the hotel to change them a bit to suit what you want? Youd probably need 3 per table.
frankenbride Posts: 419
I'm with Shampers on this nobody actually looks at the menu cards they just have a flick at what's on and that's it, it's not like a restaurant menu where they have many options so will have it for ages to look at I know any wedding I've been to its usually only the girls that have a look the blokes just care that food is coming their way :) You have enough to be worrying about and as I've said before the stupid little things we freak out over nobody even notices :action34 But if you have to do your own, again I'd be with Shampers about 3 per table should do it.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I did not even see my menu on the day!!! My Dad took the menu home for me as a souvenir, but I actually didn't even register it on the day. So if I didn't, you can be damn sure nobody else did either, as all they would have looked at was what was being served. Don't waste your money, you'll find plenty other stuff to spend it on the closer it gets.
sarahstrikes Posts: 214
let the hotel change it for you. I bet it wont be a problem. surely since they are printing it anyway, if you sent an example of what you want, they would do it. hth
weddingdiva Posts: 1349
I made mine took ages would advise letting the hotel do it, i only did mine as i incorporated them into the table decor, a lot of work and paper cuts