Wedding Planned for Dubrovnik, Croatia

Go to Weddings Abroad

laursiebum
New Wolly

Wedding Planned for Dubrovnik, Croatia

Postby laursiebum » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi there,
Just joined this forum, this is my first post.
We went ahead and took the leap and have confirmed that we are going to get married in Dubrovnik next May 2016.
We are really excited, but obviously really nervous that everything will go well.
We're looking at having 90-110 guests so it's going to be a fairly big one.

Anyone with any advice or knowledge of weddings in Dubrovnik, please feel free to share!
Eep!

Kerry80
New Wolly

Re: Wedding Planned for Dubrovnik, Croatia

Postby Kerry80 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Us too, in July 2016!
Booked today to go out to see the place !

I don't have a wedding planner- i suppose this is a stupid question, but are they all they same venues wise ???

Cath4599
New Wolly

Postby Cath4599 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi,

We have provisionally booked Villa Ruza on Kolocep Island for our wedding on June 5th 2016 and are going over in 2 weeks time to have a full recky of it.
Our numbers are also about the 100 mark so it seem to limit us on the rustic style wedding choices. And we are trying to stay away from hotels for now.
But I am worried about getting some drunk people home after the wedding as its 45 minutes on the boat back.....

Has anyone on this worked with Renata from Marry Me Dubrovnik? Just looking for a recommendation.

Very Excited!!!

ADDonegal
New Wolly

Postby ADDonegal » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Hello!

We're also taking the plunge and booking our wedding in Dubrovnik for July 2016. We have decided to go with Ines from Dubrovnik Event as our planners. I have to say they have been great so far and we've had a couple of good reviews from fellow Irish brides who have used them so we're hopeful they will be good...fingers crossed!

We are also estimating around the 100 mark and we went out on the May bank holiday to suss out the venues. Based on these numbers, the planners brought us to see Excelsior, Argentina and the Vala Beach Club (Hotel Palace). They did suggest Vila Ruza as well, which looks absolutely gorgeous. We just decided not to do it because of the boat journey back. But I was talking to a bride who did go for the Vila Ruza and they loved it! :)

We think we are going to go for the Vala Beach Club - have provisionally booked it but haven't handed over the cash just yet!

Delighted there are some other couples planning Dubrovnik weddings - hopefully we can help each other out over the next year! If anyone has any questions on what we did or saw when we were over there, just let me know! :)

vjencanje
New Wolly

Postby vjencanje » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi everybody!
My name is Zeljka and I live and work in Dubrovnik. I am a proffesional wedding photographer for 7 years. I have been working for various photo studios and recently I have started on my own. If you are in a search for a photohrapher, please check my Facebook page Zeljka Milic Photography. Also, I can help you with the choice of a wedding planner. Her name is Dragica and is a owner of a agency called Dubrovnik Dream. You can send me and her a e-mail for an offer, so you can compare with the others and decide.
I hope i was not agressive with this post.

Have a nice day and good luck in your search!

Galway Girl
New Wolly

Postby Galway Girl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi girls,

We decided Dubrovnik too, my heart is just not in for a hotel wedding here in Ireland. Croatia is the most amazing place in the world so we're hoping to pull it all off now for next September 2016. I was wondering about music and entertainment, obviously the Irish bands are so much fun etc, has anyone thought of that side of things yet?

Service Finder
vjencanje
New Wolly

Postby vjencanje » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 am

Hi!
Please contact me on my facebook page Zeljka Milic Photography and myself and the wedding agency Dubrovnik Dream Weddings can help you with what ever you are looking for :)
Kind regards
Zeljka

Bud14
New Wolly

Postby Bud14 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi all... we're booked for 30th Apr next year in Dubrovnik Palace hotel. I'm wondering about a wedding band... anyone checked any out? We are veering towards a band called Teatro (excuse spelling) but just based on you tube & wedding planner recommendation. We're using Ines at Dubrovnik Event for wedding... just FYI ... excellent so far

Galway Girl
New Wolly

Postby Galway Girl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:28 pm

I've heard of that band too, have you youtubed them. I also looked at Belfast food on youtube too and they look good. How many hours will you have them playing for? Yea i'm trying to get Ines too as I know a girl who she was the wedding planner for and said she was brilliant.

DaisySnowstar
New Wolly

Postby DaisySnowstar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi fellow brides to be!

We've decided to go to Dubrobnik too, we got engaged there last year and it's just such a striking romantic place we can't wait to have everyone there to celebrate the wedding with us.

We're booked to travel over in September to meet with some wedding planners and hopefully book a venue. I guess I'd just like to say hi and that I'll be following the thread.

Congrats to all of us for the big decision to get wed in the Dubrovnik!
It's so exciting and so scary at the same time to take such a big gamble on it, but it's going to be amazing :D

Next

Go to Weddings Abroad

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T