Menu

Wedding Present for Best Friend

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ellemac24 Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with some suggestions for a wedding present for my best friend and her hubby to be. I'm bridesmaid at the wedding too and really want to get them something special. Have any of you received some really great gifts that you can inspire me with? My budget is between €400-500. Thanks so much!
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
Assuming you know their taste... What about a piece of art? Or a nice big mirror? Or a gift voucher for a nice framing shop for them to get some wedding pictures framed (something people mean to do but quite often don't get around to)?
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I got a beautiful mirror with our family crests engraved & the names & dates on it. I don't know how much it cost but it weighs an absolute tonne!
Smallensmall Posts: 139
What about a voucher for a night in a very expensive hotel with dinner ? Thats what Id love ! Would be really nice to have a break planned for after you got back from honeymoon to get you over the post wedding depression :-)
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I agree a night away in a fancy hotel. My friend's brother got her a night in the Selborne and she was so excited. It's not a hotel you would normally splash out on. Ashford Castle would be lovely too
Mclyn Posts: 1
i think couple watch boxes is best option to gift.
mayomary Posts: 4
Pearls are always a classic - vary in price a bit but very nice option.
Catalina Grigorasi Posts: 12
Fine bijou is something that she will remember. Search on Google Brilliant Canary. Excellent prices, free shipping. You can start chatting online in order to find answers to all your questions.
stream26 Posts: 23
Sure, we all need things like [url=https://cozzy.org/best-mattress-for-sex/:1i60wzz6]cozzy[/url:1i60wzz6] pillows and sheets (these are classic wedding gifts), but narrowing down the couple's personalities or hobbies can help you find something they'll both enjoy. Are they wine collectors? Then get them a new glass set or rack. Do they have an appreciation for the arts? Maybe a fancy new painting or a piece of trendy furniture will do the trick. My best friend was travelling around the world for two years and wasn't going to be at the wedding. I didn't expect to hear from her but she sent us a beautiful embroidered table cloth from somewhere around the China/Pakistan border. I was so touched. It wasn't an easy thing for her to find a post office and send it.
Ang1e Posts: 80
I think a lovely night away would be great as they can both use it and it could be a nice break for them after all the wedding excitement. Somewhere nice and elegant like Powerscourt Hotel, Shelbourne or Cliff House Hotel would be much appreciated I am sure! I also know a few friends who chipped in to pay for the wedding photographer for the day . Have a lovely celebration