Wedding present help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Ladies, BF and I are off to a friend's wedding abroad in a couple of weeks. She's a good friend, although we kinda lost touch a few years ago but send texts and exchange calls now and then. I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to her wedding, and am delighted to go (excuse for a holiday!) Anyway, I asked her (via email) if she had a gift list, and her response was 'your presence is your present'. I'd still like to give her a gift of some sort, but I don't know what. I don't feel too comfortable giving her cash for various reasons. I was thinking of a voucher for a good restaurant? Any ideas?
Cork_girl Posts: 525
A voucher sounds like a good idea, we do this with our parents quite often for presents and then offer to do taxi service too! Another one might be for a hotel or group of hotels so that they can away sometime after the wedding, or theatre vouchers if they're into that kinda thing? HTH.
birdie Posts: 954
Yeah I second that, voucher for restaurant or hotel is a lovely idea, or a voucher for some venue, as in I'm in Cork and I've gotten people vouchers for the Opera House a few times and it always goes down well!
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Thanks for the replies girls!
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
How about a digital picture frame? Cos everyone has pics stored on their PC but they very rarely print them. This has a card in it i think, similar to the card in a digi camera, and is just like a photo frame, but as its sitting on your mantlepiece its running a slideshow of all your fav pics. I think they are a deadly idea, im getting one for my sis for her wedding present( long overdue- she was married last year!) Argos sells them and im sure most computer stores.
happybridefor06 Posts: 305
[quote="Cherry76":38jf53p5]How about a digital picture frame? Cos everyone has pics stored on their PC but they very rarely print them. This has a card in it i think, similar to the card in a digi camera, and is just like a photo frame, but as its sitting on your mantlepiece its running a slideshow of all your fav pics. I think they are a deadly idea, im getting one for my sis for her wedding present( long overdue- she was married last year!) Argos sells them and im sure most computer stores.[/quote:38jf53p5] that sounds brilliant wouldnt mind getting one of them for my self coz i have loads of pics on the pc how much did that cost you