Wedding - same day, same church

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ibiza Girl Posts: 57
My fiance and I just found out that there is another wedding on the same day in the same church on the day of our wedding. Our wedding is at 1 o'clock and the other wedding is at 3.30. Is there anyone else with the same situation? I feel we should get in contact with the other couple and maybe arrange a deal with flowers for the church, maybe split the cost of them. If anyone else has dealt with this, can you please advice me as to what to do. Thanks a million.
clucky Posts: 26471
i think a few girls have arranged to split the cost for some it worked well and others it didnt when my brother was gettign married there was another wedding after his and while we were still in the yard taking photos the florist for the other weddding started taking his out and we heard her saying ''my god you would know these were DIY'' bitch
EmmaF Posts: 314
edited.
clucky Posts: 26471
i dont know anyway the bride in the second wedding actually wanted to split the cost of flowers but her mother talked her out of it i'd say approach them they might be thrilled with the idea
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
i am in same situation. and i'm sharing flowers with bride after me it's working out really well
Port Princess Posts: 1154
God I never even thought about doing that!!! Wonder now if there is another wedding on the same day as mine????? God I haven't even dropped the deposit down to the church yet they probably have my date erased!!! :duh: :duh:
~lila~ Posts: 524
This seems to be avery common thing now! When we were looking at Dublin churches the local said we could have 11:30 or 2pm.... Def look into the sharing of the flowers it's worth a try.... I hope that you get a nice bride sharing the same day! good luck. pb.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
We were in the same situation and I arranged to go halves with the girl who was getting married after me.We spoke about 5 times about it and we nattered about all wedding stuff.She seemed so nice.....until the Tuesday of the week of the wedding the florist rang her and she said that she did'nt want to go in on the flowers anymore...I was more angry than upset. As we left the church ground I could see their guests arriving and no sign of flowers so if she was expecting to use mine....she was wrong,ha ha ha ha bitch!!! We ended up paying an extra €350 for the church flowers and you know what we took the flowers from the church after the mass and decorated the reception room with them,they were lovely....be careful as not everyone wants to save money... :eek
Ibiza Girl Posts: 57
Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll talk it over more with H2b. I really feel we should get in touch though, just to make sure they know that we're getting married before them.
EmmaF Posts: 314