Wedding Shoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

b2bspring09 Posts: 38
I ordered my wedding shoes on line and they arrived this morning! They are gorgeous but I have one problem - My dress is white and so are the shoes that I ordered however my dress seems to be a deeper shade of white and slightly lighter than ivory. Unfortunatly I can't return them as the sole of them got a little grubby from trying them on at home O:| My question is - Do you have any experience of dying wedding shoes to match the tone of your wedding dress and if so - how did they turn out Thanks :thnk
Toblerone Posts: 2698
what length is your dress? if it's long I wouldn't bother doing anything to the shoes as more than likely people won't see them as much as you think. Only certain shoes can be dyed and I wouldn't be one for trying it myself just in case something happened.
frillynickers Posts: 1765
If the tone is only slightley differnt I wouldnt bother as you might ruin the shoes
deda Posts: 1220
As long as they are white I wouldn't worry too much that they are not the exact shade, it is very hard to find colours to match perfectly. I bought white shoes from america and got them dyed a very pale ivory but to me they still look white won't know if there is much of a difference until I try them on with my dress.
Jaynebride Posts: 27
[quote="b2bspring09":3r3n2ax4]I ordered my wedding shoes on line and they arrived this morning! They are gorgeous but I have one problem - My dress is white and so are the shoes that I ordered however my dress seems to be a deeper shade of white and slightly lighter than ivory. Unfortunatly I can't return them as the sole of them got a little grubby from trying them on at home O:| My question is - Do you have any experience of dying wedding shoes to match the tone of your wedding dress and if so - how did they turn out Thanks :thnk[/quote:3r3n2ax4] Hi I agree with Deda, as long as they are white I wouldn't worry too much. I would try to get a small matching handbag to go with the shoes. Could you please send me the link where you ordered your shoes? Thanks a million! :thnk
Hope Posts: 224
Totally agree with the others! Mine are a good few shades off but I adore them and I don't reckon anyone will notice (or care!!)! If you love them go with them...don't bother dying them. It'll be very difficult to get them exactly right anyway. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:240telgm]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10301;88/st/20090619/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/778c/event.png[/img:240telgm] [/url]