Wedding Shoes - Where to buy in Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AlexJ Posts: 75
Hello, I am planning to go into Dublin to look for my wedding shoes. I thought might see something in the sales. I know I saw a post regarding shoes in Schuh but just wondering where I else can I look? :compress
jamjars Posts: 1721
Schuh, Oasis, House of Fraser, BT's, Office, Zerep (grafton st), river island (though unlikely you'd find anything bridal here), a-wear do shoes now, fitzpatrick shoes, dune, big shoe section in Arnotts & Faith are still there, after trying all these and to no avail (a few months a go now so don't worry!) I ended up gettin my BM shoes in the most unlikey of places - Korkys! [img:2qv8c18v]http://korkys.ie/Images/products/28-10/16288m2.jpg[/img:2qv8c18v] [img:2qv8c18v]http://korkys.ie/Images/products/28-10/16288m3.jpg[/img:2qv8c18v]
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I got my bridal shoes in Ciara Bridal in Powerscourt Townhouse off Grafton Street & got my BM shoes in Next Liffey Valley!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Id also recommend Faith and Myrtle Ivory. Try the big Department stores like Debenhams - whats your budget?
[quote="Mrs PR":z3g1qrjy]Id also recommend Faith and Myrtle Ivory. Try the big Department stores like Debenhams - whats your budget?[/quote:z3g1qrjy] I was thinking not spending anything more than 150 on the shoes! Though I a big shoe person so if I saw pair that I loved which where more than what said spend I could easily buy them :) The only thing about my wedding shoes is that I have to get a small enough heel. My H2B and I are the same height when I am wearing flats but usually I'm a bit taller than him when I wear heels. So I need to get a small heel for my wedding shoes. So hopefully that wont be to hard to find. I know I have loads of time to buy shoes but it would be great if I saw some in the sales! :-8
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Oh skip Myrtle Ivory then :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 My favourites are Dune (although they dont seem to have wedding shoes at the mo), Faith (although is this gone bust?), Debenhams are always great for shoes - their red herring brand often has weddingy shoes, Barretts have a good range, Korkys have lovely ones at the moment too like the other poster said. I think shoes are either really reasonably priced or super expensive - Id say you'll spend less than 100 euro.
[quote="sands30":1ol9i4fe][quote="Mrs PR":1ol9i4fe]Id also recommend Faith and Myrtle Ivory. Try the big Department stores like Debenhams - whats your budget?[/quote:1ol9i4fe] I was thinking not spending anything more than 150 on the shoes! Though I a big shoe person so if I saw pair that I loved which where more than what said spend I could easily buy them :) The only thing about my wedding shoes is that I have to get a small enough heel. My H2B and I are the same height when I am wearing flats but usually I'm a bit taller than him when I wear heels. So I need to get a small heel for my wedding shoes. So hopefully that wont be to hard to find. I know I have loads of time to buy shoes but it would be great if I saw some in the sales! :-8[/quote:1ol9i4fe] I paid €90 for my shoes in Ciara Bridal - they were from the Pink by Paradox range I got the Damson shoes and my friend also got hers there - she's the same height as her DH so she had to get a low heel also! HTH!
[/quote] I paid €90 for my shoes in Ciara Bridal - they were from the Pink by Paradox range I got the Damson shoes and my friend also got hers there - she's the same height as her DH so she had to get a low heel also! HTH![/quote] Oh your shoes are lovely!! :o)ll I like the Love shoe on the website. Is Ciara Bridal the shop in Powerscourt. Silly question - you wouldnt need to book appointment in bridal shops to look at shoes?
[quote="sands30":12gwnn1v][/quote:12gwnn1v] I paid €90 for my shoes in Ciara Bridal - they were from the Pink by Paradox range I got the Damson shoes and my friend also got hers there - she's the same height as her DH so she had to get a low heel also! HTH![/quote] Oh your shoes are lovely!! :o)ll I like the Love shoe on the website. Is Ciara Bridal the shop in Powerscourt. Silly question - you wouldnt need to book appointment in bridal shops to look at shoes?[/quote] My shoes were so so comfy! They're dye-able too so if you wanted to do something with them after the wedding you could! Ciara is in the main part of Powerscourt Shopping Centre and you don't need an appointment! They only have sample shoes in store so you have to order them - think mine came in about 4 weeks! I'm a size six but ordered a six and a half to be on the safe side - my shoes didn't come off my feet until I was going to bed so they served me well!!
dream2012 Posts: 83
I'd recommend Cinders in Wicklow St or Cocobelle in the Royal Hibernian Way if you want something a bit different...