wedding tiffs!!!?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gummiebear Posts: 2911
Hey girls I would just like to start by saying i really love my h2b but he is driving me mad!!!! O:| O:| When we got engaged he kinda said you organise the wedding hon nd i will just turn up!!! I have absolutely no problem doing this and am really enjoying it but the problem is anytime i tell him about an idea he totally disagrees nd we have an arguement!!! e.g 1. told him what transport we were getting nd he told me i was TACKY :ooh :ooh BIG arguement after this 2. Told him about videographer nd he said he didnt want one!!! (he has since changed his mind) 3. Now having "discussions" about honeymoon as he has suddenly developed a fear of long flights nd wants to stay in europe!!! I wld like to go further afield as its a once in a lifetime for me and i have never been anywhere exotic!!!!He reckons anywhere else in sept will have storms nd monsoons!!!! Any suggestions girls!!!! on both honeymoon nd how not to kill him before big day!! :o0 :o0 Sorry for the rant!!!
forest Posts: 109
i totally understand i have a similar issue with my man like you he says he is fine with what ever i want until i try to book anything, which is why less than six months before the wedding and we have very little booked. as in we have the hotel, church band and honeymoon booked everything else still to be done. i am going on my honeymoon in sept as well, some places i considered are aruba - outside the hurricane belt. kenya tanzania beaches are amazing borneo and in the end we booked mauritius a resort called le touessrok.
Hi foreat i totally sympathise wit ya its soo frustrating O:| O:| My friends have been telling me to just book things nd not tell him but i dont want to do that either!!!! Mauritius sounds fab i would absolutely love to go there!!! If you dont mind cld you pm me the details of who you booked it with!!!
Twirler Posts: 1644
I know what you mean, I nearly killed mine yesterday. He's got only one or two things to do but still can't do them. I've been asking him to order the suits for weeks, he finally did it yesterday and came back having ordered the wrong things! O:|
Twirler i am havin that problem too when we finally did agree on transport he booked the cars nd has them going to the wrong address (sent it to our house but i am leaving from my mams) nd didnt think to tell them they will need to bring the bridesmaids after dropping him nd groomsmen to church!!! O:| O:|
blueswallow Posts: 1244
Just a suggestion ... Maybe it's just that the guys can't see your vision for the day? How about clipping/downloading your favourite pics of the different elements of the day e.g. car, flowers, style of photography, bridesmaids dresses, menswear, reception venue and decor etc. and putting them all together to make a sort of mood board. It might help them see that what doesn't make sense (to them!) in isolation will work in the context of the whole day? It's something artists and designers do on a regular basis when presentating ideas.
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
I am so glad someone brought this up!!! I can honestly say myself and H2B never really fought much before....until we got engaged and ever since, there's been words!!! Like you, I am doing most of the booking and organising and keeping himself in the loop. It's grand for them! Liteally turning up on the day. But! I have decided that i shouldn't be doing all the work therefore have given him certain jobs (the menswear, honeymoon research etc) and i have to say, he's doing grand! (even tho i have to remind and remind again...but anyway) So thanks! I thought i was the only bride who was having the odd wedding tiff!!
hey jessgal i didnt know if i should post it as no one else seemed to be havin arguements but hey its great to know we are not the only ones!!!! God help me when its closer to the date!!!! will be drinking bottles of rescue remedy!!!! :hic
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
We'd all be lost without this site! I have the same issues asked h2b to do 2 jobs at the most, it took him months to do both of them, it is so infuriating when I am doing EVERYTHING else. There have certainly been arguments since we got engaged and to be really really honest sometimes I have thought about cancelling the wedding not to break up with himself, but just so we can take the stress off and go back to how we were! Hopefully it will be like that after the wedding though instead.
Wifelet Posts: 294
[quote="blue_swallow":3kq2xgau]Just a suggestion ... Maybe it's just that the guys can't see your vision for the day? How about clipping/downloading your favourite pics of the different elements of the day e.g. car, flowers, style of photography, bridesmaids dresses, menswear, reception venue and decor etc. and putting them all together to make a sort of mood board. It might help them see that what doesn't make sense (to them!) in isolation will work in the context of the whole day? It's something artists and designers do on a regular basis when presentating ideas.[/quote:3kq2xgau] I'm agreeing with blue swallow here. Also my H2B hates the feeling that I have already made up my mind and he doesnt have a choice in the mater (although he mightnt have bother he ass thinking about it in the first place). It makes him stubborn about things. My trick is to sit down with all the options and gently lead them in the right right direction.....then make it seem like it was all their idea ;o)