Wedding to do list?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Excitingtime Posts: 321
Does anyone have a wedding to do list? I am organising it all myself from overseas and keep thinking I am going to forget something so if anyone had a complete to do list - no matter how much detail even though I used to laugh at them!! - I would love to see one as it may give me some piece of mind! Thanks
candypants Posts: 8575
i think id you type it in the search box you should find one on here, if i remember correctly there was a few of them doing there rounds. HTH
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Yeah do a search for Checklist - there is a girl on here who has a HUGE very detailed checklist, should help you. It actually stressed me out when I read it, as it puts in perspective just how much you have to to :eek
ela28 Posts: 2552
here's one another wollie had up :o)ll Church & Ceremony Book church – date, time, priest Book Pre-Marriage course Attend pre-marriage course - Date: 8/8/2009 Book ceremony musicians & singers Complete forms and send to Registrar at least 3 months prior to wedding date Request Baptismal & Confirmation certificates from Parish Office Meet with priest to discuss readings, music & ceremony details & complete marriage papers Create Mass booklet Choose readings and prayers and select people to read at ceremony Decide on music to be performed during ceremony & update Mass booklet Provide draft mass booklet to priest to review prior to printing Organise to have mass booklets printed Provide copy of music and mass booklet to musicians few weeks in advance Provide printout of readings/prayers to readers at least 1 day in advance Organise Altar Servers Organise Eucharistic Ministers if necessary Arrange church donation Arrange altar servers donation Hotel Book reception venue Meet with hotel wedding manager to discuss details – Choices for meal, Wine, pre and evening reception etc Organize seating arrangements for guests - Prepare Table Plan Confirm names for each of the pre-booked hotel rooms Decide on flowers for tables Discuss option of pre-reception musician Discuss time to sit for dinner and contingency for delays Arrange date / time to deliver wedding cake & organize display, knife etc Confirm Bar Extension and Resident's Bar facility Decide on dinner menu, vegetarian options, type of wine etc Confirm final guest numbers for reception & submit table seating plan to wedding manager - 2-3 days in advance Band Review recommendations for bands View band playing at wedding Select band & pay deposit to secure booking Contact band 2 weeks beforehand to re-confirm Date / Time to play at wedding Determine when balance due to be paid Wedding Cake Decide on style and size of wedding cake Decide on icing colour - Ivory fondant icing Decide on decoration for top of cake Purchase 3M x 15mm ivory ribbon to trim Purchase cake boxes for guests not attending wedding & post cake Organize delivery of wedding cake to hotel day beforehand Florist Book Florist Meet with florist to discuss ideas, provide sample of bridesmaid colours, and brides dress style Decide on colour & style of bride's bouquet Decide on colour & style of bridesmaid's bouquets Decide on flowergirl style - basket or pommadour Decide on style of church arrangements - 3 arangements on altar, candle arangement, pew ends, bay trees etc Decide on Corsage & Boutonnieres Bouquets for mother, mother-in-law & Nana Meet florist in church few weeks beforehand to discuss floral arrangement & positioning Invitations & Stationery Select style and colour of stationery Decide on Wording for Invitations, Thank You & Reply Cards & order stationery Prepare Accommodation list to include with invitations Prepare directions to church and hotel to include with invitations Buy Stamps & Silver gel ink pens Collect addressesin advance for all guests Write Day invitations and post 6-8 weeks in advance Write Evening Invitations and post 3-4 weeks in advance Receive Reply cards and confirm final guest numbers Bride's Apparel Decide on Bridal Gown and pay deposit Bridal shoes Accessories - Handbag Bridal tiara / hairpiece Bridal gown alterations Bridal gown - final fitting and collection Bridesmaid & Flowergirl Apparel Bridesmaid dresses Bridesmaid shoes Accessories - Jewelry Flowergirl dress Flowergirl shoes Bridesmaid dress alterations Collect Bridesmaids dresses and pay for alterations Groom & Groomsmen Apparel Groom's ensemble - decide on colour and style Groomsmen suit hire - decide on colour and style Lads to go for fitting Collect Lads suits & ensure everyone tries on full outfit on 2 nights before wedding Jewellery Bride's wedding ring Groom's wedding ring Bride's necklace Coins for ceremony Beauty Bride's facials Bride's hair cut & colour Bride's Make-up - Pre-consultation Bride's Hair - Pre-consultation Bride's Manicure & Eyebrow shaping Bride's Body Exfoliation & Body Wrap Bride's Fake Tan Bride's Hair - Wedding day Bride's Make-up - Wedding day Bride's Nail Polish - Wedding Day Bridesmaid's Nail Polish - Wedding Day Bridesmaid's Make-up: Wedding day Bridesmaid's Hair style: Wedding day Miscellaneous Organise Cars for Bride & Bridesmaids Ribbons to decorate cars – 35mm width, 6 metres per car – Bridal White Gifts for all attendants Have engagement ring cleaned week of wedding Organise lifts for non-driving guests Attend Hen party Attend Stag party Dentist check-ups and cleaning Organize / Pack clothes for Fri/Sat night in hotel Organize / Pack for honeymoon Honeymoon Prepare itinerary Book Flights Book Hotels Book Car Hire Organise Travel Insurance Check passport & driving license validity Organize folder for honeymoon of Itinerary, flight tickets, hotel conf #s, maps, guide books, driving instructions, drivers licence etc Wedding Day & Post-Wedding Day tasks Pay Altar Servers, church caretaker & Church Donation Ensure all guests have transportation from church to hotel Deliver Bride & Groom luggage to bridal suite Review table seating arrangements outside function room and ensure they are correct Ensure table flower arrangements are correct Pay Band Return suits to suit hire shop Purchase & Write Thank-You cards and post hth :wv
summersurprise Posts: 1276
great list ela28