Wedding two weeks after ours

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twilght2012 Posts: 49
H
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I know thats annoying. I have to say though that 3 of my friends are getting married next september and they didn't feel they should have to pick a different month just because one person had already booked a date that month. All my friends are getting married at the moment so unless you pick a time that is off peak for weddings you'll probably end up with another wedding close to your own.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
at least youre wedding is first :-8
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
they might have thought they it was ok coz it is after your wedding and not before? I would prefer it to be 2 weeks after instead of 2 weeks before!
cobby Posts: 250
You are still getting in there first so I don't see the problem. Also it is your OHs cousin so most people at your wedding won't be attending it - i.e. your friends and your family, work colleagues etc. Depending on how close your OH is to his cousin s/he might not have remembered at the time of booking what your date even is. Hate to say it, but I do think you are over-reacting. On the day everyone will be focusing on you and your OH and you'll have a great day. Your OH cousing on the other hand bight be concerned about people comparing their day to yours etc.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I cant understand why you're upset they're getting married AFTER you - like how long exactly do you expect them to wait? Plus its your cousin... do you expect all your cousins to determine their wedding plans on the basis of yours. It might be different were they to have booked it before yours. They obviously considered you. I dont understand what the problem is?
:::
[quote="Princess13":wadnkn18]Their wedding was originally meant to be June, so we thought there was plenty of time in between weddings for family I probaly have over reacted just needed to vent!![/quote:wadnkn18] Id much much prefer that they get married after you if I was in your boat! Aw it'll be fine you'll get used to it cos there's nothing you can do about it!! Summer is a popular time after all :wv
[quote="Mrs PR":1oz8yuj7][quote="Princess13":1oz8yuj7]Their wedding was originally meant to be June, so we thought there was plenty of time in between weddings for family I probaly have over reacted just needed to vent!![/quote:1oz8yuj7] Id much much prefer that they get married after you if I was in your boat! Aw it'll be fine you'll get used to it cos there's nothing you can do about it!! Summer is a popular time after all :wv[/quote:1oz8yuj7] Yeah you are right, my first mini little freak out over the wedding! I really didn't think March would be popular at all!!!
[quote="Princess13":2gz617iq][quote="Mrs PR":2gz617iq][quote="Princess13":2gz617iq]Their wedding was originally meant to be June, so we thought there was plenty of time in between weddings for family I probaly have over reacted just needed to vent!![/quote:2gz617iq] Id much much prefer that they get married after you if I was in your boat! Aw it'll be fine you'll get used to it cos there's nothing you can do about it!! Summer is a popular time after all :wv[/quote:2gz617iq] Yeah you are right, my first mini little freak out over the wedding! I really didn't think March would be popular at all!!![/quote:2gz617iq] Oh sorry I actually read July as when you were getting married. Yeah I agree - dont know that many people who get married in March!