wedding venues cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kate81 Posts: 24
What wedding hotels in Cork have impressed ye most during ye're search for venues ? Ive been impressed with Radisson Hotel, Little Island and Garryvoe Hotel (especially the new ballroom thats going to be open in october 2010)
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Friend of mine is after booking Garryvoe for when the new ball room is opened. Sounds great. Not heard of anyone with feedback on Radisson in Little Island. Fernhill and Dunmore are v popular tho also. Have u chosen one yet?
Yes we are going to go with the Radisson, Little Island. Was at a wedding last year at Radisson and we both loved it. Would have seriously considered Garryvoe if the new ballroom would have been opened.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Whens the big day? Like the idea tho that there's no other hotel in or around Radisson. How are the plans coming along?
MrsM2009 Posts: 254
I booked the Radisson too...very happy with it -they are very nice to deal with too
Big day is 31st July. Plans coming along nicely. Its all very exciting! Next major job is to find a band. Its the August bank hol weekend so extra hard trying to find band. Im really happy with the deal we got at Radisson..cant wait now !!!
dibbles Posts: 749
The Rochestown park hotel is lovely!!and very reasonable aswell!!
baby_on_board Posts: 192
I love castlemartyr resort, if prices drop a bit, or deals come up i couldn't say no.. will def consider it.. :wv
Buggle Posts: 12
Are you thinking more city centre-ish or county? Big wedding or small? Big City Centre-ish - Maryborough Small City Centre-ish - Hayfield Big County - Inchydoney/Castlemartyr Small County - Oriel House HTH!
spain2010! Posts: 83
I booked Garryvoe over 6 months ago and was told at the time that the new ballroom was opening in November 2009, and that we could come down then and see it. I haven't heard anything since and was really looking forward to seeing it soon! Is it really not opening until October 2010??? :eek :eek :eek