Wedding Vows

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lizmc101 Posts: 48
Hi Guys, We are having a civil ceremony so can say whatever vows we want. Havent got a clue what to say. Any ideas?
MrsMc2014 Posts: 51
We're not doing our own vows, just having the prescribed words on the civil ceremony. It's really not for us and to be honest I don't think I could keep it together. It'll be hard enough not to cry as it is!
thanks , I actually think we will do the same, easy to remember too.. :) I have been looking at different vows online, and while they are lovely and romantic. They are just not us. Would feel weird declaring the love to the room.. Beside OH is English, they dont talk about
Don't force it so, the ceremony should reflect you as a couple I think. We don't say gushy romantic stuff to each other when we're alone so doing it in front of 130 people would be cringy and uncomfortable for us. You can personalise the ceremony with music and readings. We're having two quirky readings and a traditional irish two piece playing music which is much more us. I think it's important to be comfortable and not stressed! :-)
Funwedding Posts: 190
Oh where did you get the readings I am not into the gushing romantic ones much prefer quirky...and true to life!!
MayaMoo Posts: 6
How about something along the line of...'I, groom's name, take you, bride's name, to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the woman you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.' We are having a humanist ceremony and were able to write the whole ceremony ourselves, well except the legal part. And it was such a lovely thing to do as a couple.
If you PM me your email address Fun Wedding I'll email a load onto you. I got them from another poster here. We're having He Never Leaves The Seat Up by Pam Ayres and a second in a similar style. Different strokes for different folks but I'd be mortified saying vows I'd written myself :-)
cheers everyone for the replies. Liz
Funwedding Posts: 190
Thanks MrsMc2014 I PM'ed you