Menu

Wedding Weight Loss?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

russ1 Posts: 2
I'm getting married in feb. I've lost at least 20 lbs. i still have a ways to go though before I get to my healthy weight for my height though. I'm also suffering from psuedotumor cerebri so its really important for me to lose some weight. I've starting eating super healthy. Lots of vegies, cut out a ton of fatty foods, no soda, and I drink water like CRAZY!!! So I've started to do pilates and yoga everyday. plus i walk for about 2 hrs. Is this all good for me to push myself so hard? And do you think that i will lose the weight in time for my wedding? .....................................................................
coach Posts: 120
[quote="russ1":3nz4nskb]I'm getting married in feb. I've lost at least 20 lbs. i still have a ways to go though before I get to my healthy weight for my height though. I'm also suffering from psuedotumor cerebri so its really important for me to lose some weight. I've starting eating super healthy. Lots of vegies, cut out a ton of fatty foods, no soda, and I drink water like CRAZY!!! So I've started to do pilates and yoga everyday. plus i walk for about 2 hrs. Is this all good for me to push myself so hard? And do you think that i will lose the weight in time for my wedding? .....................................................................[/quote:3nz4nskb] Hi Russ1, Great to read your post on how well you have done so far. I was wondering if you are now losing the weight now that your are air tight with your eating habits? I am sure the walks are doing you go, but how about turning them into brisk walks / short jogs intervals? I fear your body might get too used to walking and stop burning the fat. All types of Yoga is really only good for improving your flexibility and pilates is great for the core muscles, but again, don't expect to lose weight doing either. How many times a week do you walk? Look forward to hearing from you, Mike.