Weddng rings - v expensive?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
I cant seem to find wedding rings at a reasonable price. Anyone any suggestions?
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Go North, our platinum bands were better value up there.
lux Posts: 6270
My OH and I are going for dental treatment in Newry after Christmas and we're planning on getting the rings in the same trip. Some bands are outrageous prices, Mr Lux wants a very plain one and I want diamonds in mine to match my e-ring. We've priced a few jewellers there and its much cheaper. If I could get mine in the place he bought my e-ring I would but the price is too high, even with Mr Lux's good bargaining skills!
mini mouse Posts: 213
h2b bought my e-ring up north going to the same shop in Nov to have a look at the weddng bands... my e-ring has a twist in it with dimonds down the edges and to get a matching wedding ring is well over our budget down here so hopefully will have better luck uo there :)
macattack Posts: 1617
Candypants -head for Murray & Co or Gardiners in the Cathedral Quarter in Belfast - good choice & very good value for money.
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
I'm getting ours made in Topaz in Limerick (Not sure what area you're in) for a few hundred cheaper than the jewellers we were looking at and mine is being made to fit my Ering. Picking them up tomorrow so hopefully it'll look as fab as I imagined :)
kaleagenie Posts: 35
Have you thought about palladium rings? We were looking at some bands in white gold and the same rings in palladium were a couple of hundred euros cheaper. They looked exactly the same to me!! May be worth asking the jewellers about it