weekend away

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
hi I already posted on ot but didnt get much response just wondering if any of you know of somewhere nice to go for a quiet weekend away? me and hubby just need some alone time and were thinkig of going away weekend after this one.... thanks :thnk
NotHere Posts: 10273
Don't really get to go away in Ireland much so I'm not much help....but just to promote the home county, maybe Achill Island or Westport?
lou gav Posts: 508
The millrace in Bunclody(sp) is fab. We went there last year mid week and had a great time. Make good use of the spa, I even managed to get hubby to join me. Enjoy O-O
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi Mrs Crazy Lady - I think it depends on how much you wanna spend?? We're thinking of doing the same thing now and I always think a nice country house or castle is a great place to go to just relax and get your mind together..... but they can be pricey. Ballynahinch Castle in Connemarra (sp?) is amazing and so relaxing and so is Dromoland Castle in Co Clare and Waterford Castle. Again they're all pricey but sooooo relaxing. We got married in Kinnitty Castle in Co Offaly and adore it but its probably not as relaxing as the one's I've mentioned..... Have you anywhere in mind at all??
don't have anywhere in particular in mind just somewhere nice where we can go for long walks and just be waited on hand and foot really... don't mind about the price as we have a few €€€'s put away so we're using that up....
willthiswork Posts: 1995
The Hayfield Manor in Cork looks nice. Or Inchidonney?
This place was recommended to me before, looks DEVINE http://www.theoldconvent.ie/
ros Posts: 749
Hi, Parknasilla in Sneem, south kerry is lovely and in an amazing setting!
thank you ladies, I've given them to hubby to book one... hinting heavily at the old convent and some of the more expensive looking ones.. :o0 :o0 hopefully he'll take the hint...
Have a great time whichever you choose :wv (& if it is the old convent one will you report back on what it is like? I so want to go there!)