weekend away - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Baby cakes Posts: 1237
What about Lyrath estate in kilkenny, looks fab
bibikay Posts: 644
Hi Ballynahinch Castle or else Cashel House Hotel is supposed to be lovely as well - a nice little country house, where you can relax in the library with a brandy if it's raining, or else head for any of the beaches in Connemara and go for long walk. Hope yere weekend away helps ye through this time. HTH
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote="Baby cakes":3n5fdis4]What about Lyrath estate in kilkenny, looks fab [/quote:3n5fdis4] heard bad reports about lyrath. Bit of an assembly line feel about the place by all accounts. What about Brook Lodge? Ballymaloe? maryborough house hotel in cork check out for some ideas. the culloden outside belfast supposed to be amazing.
wasy Posts: 453
I love the look of that convent place take me with you !!!!!!!!!!!11 Seriously if you go please let us know how u got on
lenadmp Posts: 139
Brook lodge- Its great!!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
After my m/c DH and I went to Carlingford for the weekend.It's a beautiful little village with great walks, great restaurants, a day spa and quaint little pubs and not a sinner there knew us. It was quiet but perfect. Stayed in The Four Seasons which was fine and reasonable and right in the village. I don't think it matters too much where you go just once you get away from "the madding crowd". Another bonus with Carlingford is that our mobile phones didn't have very good coverage there so we were literally "cut off" from the world, which is exactly what we needed for a couple of days.
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
How far will you travel?? I can recommend the Lake Hotel in Killarney, Brook Lodge and Harveys Point in Donegal - they are my favs anyway, all very relaxing and tranquil!
Me Julia Posts: 1352
Lyrath got worst hotel rooms in ireland award. We are going to Kinsale to the new carlton hotel in 2 weeks time. You could try Farnham Estate in Cavan its set on over 100 acres so plenty of walks......... A TIP.....book spa treatments well in advance.