weekend destination

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MsCabbage Posts: 674
Guys we are going away for the weekend next weekend but I can't think of where to go. Basically I'll be working in Newry on Sat so it will need to be within 2 hours driving distance of there. Obviously I don't want to go north. Any recomendations? What we want are nice restaurants and good nightlife, would like to try somewhere other than dublin. Thanks
come on girls, 10 of you looked, surely most of you have had a weekend away!
wren09 Posts: 26
[quote="MsCabbage":3jc4kgt8] Obviously I don't want to go north. [/quote:3jc4kgt8] Why not?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
[quote="wren09":r6cm8lej][quote="MsCabbage":r6cm8lej] Obviously I don't want to go north. [/quote:r6cm8lej] Why not?[/quote:r6cm8lej] im wondering the exact same :o0 :o0
anongal Posts: 135
Carlingford in Louth is a beautiful area. Not sure about accommodation but Carlingford Lough is a romantic place!
Its the weekend of the 12th - I'm not that brave!!!
mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
little bit futher than you'd like but kilkenny is a good spot for a weekend away -
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
[quote="MsCabbage":2wo1htf1]Its the weekend of the 12th - I'm not that brave!!![/quote:2wo1htf1] Me and my friend happened to stumble on that 3 years ago in Belfast and managed to have a ball, id go again
jellywellies Posts: 2268
[quote="MsCabbage":3dzmmeox]Its the weekend of the 12th - I'm not that brave!!![/quote:3dzmmeox] lol - Belfast have festivals now celebrating the 12th! Plus the actual 12th parades aren't being held until the 13th etc ... But I can see where you are coming from. Sligo is really nice - I've stayed there once .... can't remember the name of the hotel, but it used be a mental home (i think!)
wren09 Posts: 26
[quote="MsCabbage":31gzcu70]Its the weekend of the 12th - I'm not that brave!!![/quote:31gzcu70] Oops forgot about that. Can think of some lovely places within a 2 hour drive but none with great nightlife. Have a look on the discover Ireland site. O-O