Weekend plans - I just want to be kept occupied!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Ok so I am having a very quiet Friday afternoon and have already spent half my lunch on Daily Mail catching up on celeb goss :-8 Want something to take up a bit of time so ... is anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? I would LOVE To be going to Snow Patrol on Sunday but just can't afford it :weep Instead I'm having a very quiet weekend. This eve was meant to go for a jog but it's piddling down so will have to wait and see how it is when I'm leaving work - might just end up getting a dvd and munchies instead! Tomorrow have to do a make up for a wedding then in the evening staying with a friend and getting an Indian and having a few glasses of wine. Sunday was meant to go to Howth or Dun Laoire or something for a walk and a look in the markets but again that's weather dependant! What are you all up to!?
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I'm off down to the Volvo Ocean Race in Galway again. I was there on Mon/Tues helping out at my friend's stand (she has an art gallery which has decamped for the festival), there's a great buzz around the city. I'll be with my mum tomorrow on the stand so it should be good fun. Early start though as we've to leave about 6.30am, ugh! Back home tomorrow night and I think we'll be painting the sitting room on Sunday. Happy weekend everyone!
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
Being forced to go see spiderman later >:o( then tomorrow im heading to the swedish house mafia gig in the phoenix park its going to be messy!! sunday I will die a death on the sofa all day
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="Carriedaway":ubq7zbis]Being forced to go see spiderman later >:o( then tomorrow im heading to the swedish house mafia gig in the phoenix park its going to be messy!! sunday I will die a death on the sofa all day[/quote:ubq7zbis] Messy but fun! I'd love to see Tinie Tempah. Hope you have your wellies ready! :o0
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
No plans at all, just spluttering and coughing whilst talking in a husky voice :o0 If any one wants to come visit me and join me up on the sofa - feel free, we'll get wine and OH will bring us treats
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
[quote="SunnyK":22roj49s][quote="Carriedaway":22roj49s]Being forced to go see spiderman later >:o( then tomorrow im heading to the swedish house mafia gig in the phoenix park its going to be messy!! sunday I will die a death on the sofa all day[/quote:22roj49s] Messy but fun! I'd love to see Tinie Tempah. Hope you have your wellies ready! :o0[/quote:22roj49s] yeap the wellies are still covered in muck from last years oxygen :o0 I was going to wear shorts but looks like ill have to give em a miss
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Hubby and I are off for one night in a hotel. He found a special offer, he's working on Sunday for a few hours. The hotel is spitting distance from the M50, so he'd be in work in about 15/20mins. Part of the deal, is a late check-out (2pm), I know he'd love to stay in bed until the very last minute - not me, that would mean half the day wasted imo. So, it's check in at the hotel tomorrow afternoon, take a trip up to Dundrum shopping centre so I can TRY to find a pair of heels......HE ACTUALLY AGREED TO THIS - NO BRIBES REQUIRED!!! :eek :yelrotflmaosmilie: and dinner in the hotel. I'll probably head over to Mum and Dad, they live quite close to the hotel, while hubbys in work, and he'll collect me from there. Thing is, it would be Murphys Law that they wouldn't be in on Sunday - they have one hell of a social life for a 80 and 72yr old!!! I keep forgetting to ring them to check!
Layla20 Posts: 1089
Meeting my sisters and cousins for a few drinks tomorrow night, and heading to snow patrol and florence on Sunday. Heading into town now for wellies and a rain jacket, while still hoping that a miracle will occur and the sun will come out!
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
Heading into town later to see Keith Barry in the Olympia. We're treating ourselves to a hotel stay so really looking forward to it...should be checked in by 5, dinner at 5.30 and shall be propped up at the bar in Brogan's by 7 :hic Unfortunately, when I was packing my overnight bag last night (heading straight from work) it was sunny....as a result I have a lovely summery short dress and wedges packed for our night out...woops!!! Please God the rain will ease off soon!! But sure if not it'll be hotel-pub-Olympia-pub-hotel with no ambling around in between....which is fine with me!! :o0
Rogue User Posts: 6101
I'm going to town for my birthday - lunch in Fallon & Byrne, dinner at Chapter One and then dancing in Doyle's. Does anyone know somewhere really cheap in the city to stay? We really want a hotel or something for the night but can't afford to spend much.