I was at my ante-natal appointment with the hospital and it turns out i have lost over 8lbs in the last 4 weeks and in fact have lost 3.5lbs in the last 10 weeks. I have gained 20lbs in this pregnancy so far. I've had a lot of vomiting bugs and stress and a 14 month old who doesn't understand the meaning of STTN but i was still very surpised to discover that i had lost 8lbs in the last 4 weeks and am a bit concerned to realise that i have lost 3.5lbs in the last 10 weeks. I am attending Dr Foley in holles street and he didn't even notice it when he looked at my chart. I pointed it out to him and said that it was a good thing and laughed. When i probed him about it he said that 10 kilos was the recomended weight gain for a pregnancy and given that i has gained 9 kilos so far, i was right on track. I asked him what weight does he think the baby will be and he said "the same as your last baby" . This really annoyed me as he had no idea what weight my last baby was when he said this ( he had not looked at the section on my chart) and i really don't think this baby is going to be anything near the 8lbs 11 ozs that ds was. I guess i shouldn't worry , if he is not worried but it seems odd to me that i am loosing weight rather than a gaining weight? I was up vomiting again last night :o(